Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X75D full charge miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@travwill So your 86kWh pack gets 240+miles (after a year or two), and
the above list of used MX75s are getting 240 (ish).
Is that right? Am I missing something here that these numbers seem a little off?
Is it rated vs real world?

Yeah sorry took a while to respond but yes, 100% charge on our 90D is 242-245 now, 90% is 221/222 usually. All rated range. Seems pretty typical as number of threads about how sucky the 90kWh pack was/is (plus the fact it isn't close to an actual 90 usable).

My 100% is 222. X75D delivered December 2016. I always thought this was a terrible 90%, but I see that I'm within a few rated miles of most. SC has given various explanations, including a change of algorithms to be closer to real range, but that always seemed unsatisfactory. Rated range should be rated range and reductions should reflect degradation.

My 100% is 222. X75D delivered December 2016. I always thought this was a terrible 90%, but I see that I'm within a few rated miles of most. SC has given various explanations, including a change of algorithms to be closer to real range, but that always seemed unsatisfactory. Rated range should be rated range and reductions should reflect degradation.

It probably is “rated” range. But only if you are a “rated” driver. Have you ever driven a Prius? Do that, heheh ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Grumble grumble. I have an early 2017 X 75D with 27k kms, and I have always got
330km at 100% (or 205 miles), and has lost a couple of kms from there.

Mine is exactly the same, but I regularly get over 300km out of it from 90% charge and 400km seems doable from 100% charge going 90km/h. Others seem to have fancy range numbers on the screen but not get very far in real life, I think I prefer this :).

That said, if I charge to 100%, first 10% drops when 7.3kWh is used. So, it seems all about the displayed numbers and not the capacity.

Hey I found that App STATS for Tesla to be more and more informative with each version

Of interest to this thread it keeps track of you Battery Health (i.e. 100 percent rated) even if you don't always charge to 100 percent
I am down to 222miles which is not that great IMHO but in line with some people here. Unfortunately it only started collected data when my car was at 18k miles or so
IMG_7343.PNG

New MX owner here - Why does Tesla S/w restrict home charging the battery to 75-80% only? is that the best way to charge at home? How should I or should I not charge the battery at home?

It doesn’t. Charging is limited to whatever you set it to. Tesla suggests 90% or less for daily use. I generally charge to 70 myself, if it is very cold I make that 80%

Thanks.
For CALIFORNIA would you suggest it to keep at 70% too?

My example was not intended to be a suggestion for you. It totally depends on how much you drive in a typical day and your access to convenient charging. I charge at home 99% of the time, our electricity is reasonable here at around 9¢ per kWh, 24/7. Typical driving is 20 to 30 miles in a day unless we’re on a trip somewhere.

Now, If we go shopping or to dinner where a totally free destination charger is available, I may try to pick up a few extra free kWh, by bumping it to 90+% and not needing to charge at home the next day.

The only reason I give it extra when cold, is because it consumes energy faster when it is 10°F outside, and I am more likely to leave the heat turned on when parked, sometimes for hours.

Your mileage may (will) vary.

New MX owner here - Why does Tesla S/w restrict home charging the battery to 75-80% only? is that the best way to charge at home? How should I or should I not charge the battery at home?

Think of it as the equivalent of asking which type of bottoms to wear and best way to put them on.
The best way to charge is a manner that is convenient for you. With time, you’ll develop a preference.

You generally need some sort of bottoms (charge) when you go out. Whether you go with pants or shorts (partial or full) is up to you and dependent on weather, comfort, and what you plan on doing.

I generally charge to 90% but that’s because I use a lot and end the day around 20%. I’ll bump it to 100% when I need and turn it down when I don’t.

The only real number to avoid is a regular 100% charge. That’s like wearing snow pants. Sure, it’s great if you need it. But wear it all the time and you’ll eventually find yourself on a beach, overheating and slowly roasting yourself to death in a pair of snow pants..in July.

Think of it as the equivalent of asking which type of bottoms to wear and best way to put them on.
The best way to charge is a manner that is convenient for you. With time, you’ll develop a preference.

You generally need some sort of bottoms (charge) when you go out. Whether you go with pants or shorts (partial or full) is up to you and dependent on weather, comfort, and what you plan on doing.

I generally charge to 90% but that’s because I use a lot and end the day around 20%. I’ll bump it to 100% when I need and turn it down when I don’t.

The only real number to avoid is a regular 100% charge. That’s like wearing snow pants. Sure, it’s great if you need it. But wear it all the time and you’ll eventually find yourself on a beach, overheating and slowly roasting yourself to death in a pair of snow pants..in July.
Thank you, that clarifies it pretty much.

Calculations are an average and can very from person to person. Do you drive on flat ground a lot? I have many hills so my avg kw/h stays in the mid 300’s and when I charge to 90% I get about 204 miles. The cold weather has been eating my battery quicker too.

Calculations are an average and can very from person to person. Do you drive on flat ground a lot? I have many hills so my avg kw/h stays in the mid 300’s and when I charge to 90% I get about 204 miles. The cold weather has been eating my battery quicker too.
I am driving in city with lots of short trip and traffic jam, go and stop, go and stop so often. Weather is good average 2x degree all the day。