Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xbox One & PS4 Controller Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you go into more detail on how you got this working? I tried the 8bitdo + ps4 controller combo a couple months back without success.

I just bought the 8bit Do adapter, and this PS4 controller. I plugged the adapter into my Mac as I was getting ready to run the firmware updater. The updater wasn't seeing the adapter, so I decided to try and pair the controller first. I pressed the button on the end of the adapter until it was blinking rapidly, then turned on the PS4 controller. While I was trying to figure out how to put the controller into pairing mode, I looked down and saw that it had a green light on it and the light on the adapter was steady indicating they had auto paired already! I went ahead and updated the firmware on the adapter anyways as I've read that can help with pairing issues but it took me a while to get it into firmware update mode (I'm honestly not sure how I got it into that mode as the instructions they have online and in the tool are terrible).

Everything works great now in the vehicle. I connect the adapter to the controller by simply turning the controller on and it will auto connect after a second and vibrate to indicate it is connected. I found it really nice that when I exit the Tesla arcade screen, the controller turns off automatically. The controller works well with Beach Buggy and Cuphead (though I couldn't figure out how to do a high jump in Cuphead, what it described on-screen wasn't working on the controller), and worked well in the simple Atari games as well.

I just bought the 8bit Do adapter, and this PS4 controller. I plugged the adapter into my Mac as I was getting ready to run the firmware updater. The updater wasn't seeing the adapter, so I decided to try and pair the controller first. I pressed the button on the end of the adapter until it was blinking rapidly, then turned on the PS4 controller. While I was trying to figure out how to put the controller into pairing mode, I looked down and saw that it had a green light on it and the light on the adapter was steady indicating they had auto paired already! I went ahead and updated the firmware on the adapter anyways as I've read that can help with pairing issues but it took me a while to get it into firmware update mode (I'm honestly not sure how I got it into that mode as the instructions they have online and in the tool are terrible).

Everything works great now in the vehicle. I connect the adapter to the controller by simply turning the controller on and it will auto connect after a second and vibrate to indicate it is connected. I found it really nice that when I exit the Tesla arcade screen, the controller turns off automatically. The controller works well with Beach Buggy and Cuphead (though I couldn't figure out how to do a high jump in Cuphead, what it described on-screen wasn't working on the controller), and worked well in the simple Atari games as well.
Both controllers work with cup head just not at the same time. Anyone get two players/2 controllers on cuphead working?

Edit: ok looks to only be a single player version based on description.

Last edited:
I bought a Xbox One controller from Best Buy, but the USB in my Model 3 doesn't seem to have the amperage to power it. I plug it onto my PC and the power light comes on. Plug into the car and nothing.

Anyone else have this issue? It is made by PDP (Performance Designed Products).
View attachment 362821
Just bought the pdp xbox compatible remote. Works for me with Cuphead. Haven't tried the other games yet (can't get it off my daughter's hands ).

Thank you, this was very helpful! I was also able to get the 8bit Do adapter and my PS4 controller to work wirelessly. I'm currently on 2019.32.2.2.

I plugged in the 8bitdo adapter on my Mac. I was able to update the firmware but not sure if that made a difference. While it was plugged into my Mac, I took my PS4 controller and pressed the PS button + Share button at the same time. The PS4 controller turned green and the light on the 8bitdo adapter went solid which is exactly as you stated.

I unplugged the 8bitdo from my Mac and plugged it into my Tesla. I pressed the PS button on my controller and it light up Green. I opened up the Arcade and Beach Buggy worked great with it!

Link Please.
688DD583-485C-4C2D-B648-7FB259BE6E7F.png