TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

XC40 New Volvo crossover £27,500/$38400 vs Model Y

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by 1208, Jan 23, 2018.

?

Would teh XC40 interest you?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. 1208

1208 Active Member

XC40 | Volvo Cars UK Ltd

I know one is petrol the other electric, but both appeal to similar people, when buying the X people compared it to the XC90. Also Volvo are said to be going electric/hybrid on all models next year.

Both have high standards of safety and autopilot features. I think the XC40 might take a few buyers away. You can also buy it now unlike the Y.

I wonder if Y should have been given priority over the Semi.

2. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

I can make the decision really simple for 2018+ purchases:

IF ( Internal Combustion Engine ) {
    Remove-from-Consideration
    }

I say this as an owner of a Volvo PHEV. PHEV was a great move for them in 2015/2016/2017 to get their feet wet with electrified powertrains. The electrified pledge by 2019 MY introductions is a step in the right direction, but includes mild hybrids (eg not even PHEVs) as 'electrified.' The XC40 looks like a cool car, but it's not for me. It's certainly not on my list next to the Y.

• Like x 2
  3. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

In the words and tone of a 14 year old: "It uses gas? Ehhww... no".

4. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

I think the XC60 would be a better comparison. The XC40 is much smaller.

M3 185″ L x 73″ W
    XC40 174″ L x 75″ W
    XC60 185″ L x 75″ W