TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

xcelero.ii

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xcelero.ii, May 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. xcelero.ii

xcelero.ii Push Start Go

#1 xcelero.ii, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
    Hey Drivers!

As most of you know the Tesla Model S includes the World's first 17-inch in-dash touch-screen infotainment display.

While I haven't seen it in person, my early impressions are that––while impressive–-the screen maintains a slightly cluttered and pretty aggressive UI.

Here is my blueprint for the iControl Concept. BTW I just liked renaming the display to iControl. A new name suggests, newness. That's all!

The Concept along with before and afters are attached below!

Thanks in advance for the constructive discussion!

Am (xcelero.ii)

[[ Tesla Model S Interior Photo Credit: TEG

Attached Files:

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

You used my photo in your document. (That's OK!)

Given that my work involves UI design I think I better stay out of this discussion (as much as I would like to get involved...)

3. xcelero.ii

xcelero.ii Push Start Go

Hey TEG:

Sorry, I don't even think I realized that. Let me give you photo credit for that! With respect to the UI; anything opinion you would like to share on it's current state?

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I don't need credit - just noticed it was my photo - no problem.
    All I will say is that I like the UI and I think Tesla is on the right track.

5. xcelero.ii

xcelero.ii Push Start Go

Cool. :smile:

At first glance, the UI reminded me of the Blackberry Storm which isn't my thing. Other than that, I like the thought process behind placement and where controls will appear and so on. I like a very clean, very clear iPhone-like UI, hence my concept.

Attached Files:

6. johnr

johnr Member

@xcelero.ii: Sorry, your concept doesn't appear very different to me. Unless you're referring to the plain black-and-white line art appearance, which I do like since it would be much easier to see at a quick glance. Otherwise, you're using the same buttons in roughly the same locations.

7. xcelero.ii

xcelero.ii Push Start Go

@johnr: Thanks for the response! The whole idea of the concept was not to entirely redesign the Model S infotainment center, but to suggest a much cleaner and more user friendly layout. I hope this clarifies my intentions.