Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

xcelero.ii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Drivers!

As most of you know the Tesla Model S includes the World's first 17-inch in-dash touch-screen infotainment display.

While I haven't seen it in person, my early impressions are that––while impressive–-the screen maintains a slightly cluttered and pretty aggressive UI.

Here is my blueprint for the iControl Concept. BTW I just liked renaming the display to iControl. A new name suggests, newness. That's all!

The Concept along with before and afters are attached below!

Thanks in advance for the constructive discussion!

Am (xcelero.ii)

[[ Tesla Model S Interior Photo Credit: TEG

Attachments

• Tesla iControl Concept - Pg1.png
    Tesla iControl Concept - Pg1.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Tesla iControl Concept - Pg2.png
    Tesla iControl Concept - Pg2.png
    1 MB · Views: 401
Last edited:
You used my photo in your document. (That's OK!)

Given that my work involves UI design I think I better stay out of this discussion (as much as I would like to get involved...)

You used my photo in your document. (That's OK!)

Given that my work involves UI design I think I better stay out of this discussion (as much as I would like to get involved...)

Hey TEG:

Sorry, I don't even think I realized that. Let me give you photo credit for that! With respect to the UI; anything opinion you would like to share on it's current state?

Hey TEG:
Sorry, I don't even think I realized that. Let me give you photo credit for that! With respect to the UI; anything opinion you would like to share on it's current state?
I don't need credit - just noticed it was my photo - no problem.
All I will say is that I like the UI and I think Tesla is on the right track.

Cool. :smile:

At first glance, the UI reminded me of the Blackberry Storm which isn't my thing. Other than that, I like the thought process behind placement and where controls will appear and so on. I like a very clean, very clear iPhone-like UI, hence my concept.

Attachments

• blackberry_storm.jpg
    blackberry_storm.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 143
@xcelero.ii: Sorry, your concept doesn't appear very different to me. Unless you're referring to the plain black-and-white line art appearance, which I do like since it would be much easier to see at a quick glance. Otherwise, you're using the same buttons in roughly the same locations.