Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xenon HID lights and fog lights after market

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rjredd74

Jan 23, 2013
CA
Hi!

I am only interested in getting the Xenon headlights and the fog lights and don't need all the other stuff in the Tech package. Is this something they will do at the Tesla Factory after market or can i get it done by a third party that does these things? Is it worth it or should I just get the Tech package? Thanks!

I am really looking forward to placing my order tomorrow and getting the car just in time for the CA summer!! :)

Best,
Arjuna

Hi!

I am only interested in getting the Xenon headlights and the fog lights and don't need all the other stuff in the Tech package. Is this something they will do at the Tesla Factory after market or can i get it done by a third party that does these things? Is it worth it or should I just get the Tech package? Thanks!

Get the Tech package. Getting Tesla to install Xenons later will be much more expensive. Just putting in xenon bulbs in the halogen headlights will give you crappy light that blinds oncoming drivers as the halogen reflector will be the wrong shape for xenon and lack the automatic height adjustment feature. Also I do not think it will work at all as the xenon headlights probably are bi-xenon with a motorized shutter to switch between low- and high beams while the halogen headlighs use dual-filament bulbs and no shutter.

So to put xenons in later you'd need the whole headlight assembly which will probably be more expensive for one side installed than the whole tech package...

I agree. You're already most of the way there doing the aftermarket install and it won't be covered under warranty. The Xenon is worth it alone but the other benefits of the tech package are nice.