Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xenon HID upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep seeing 9005 being mentioned which as I understand it is a high beam bulb, the original bulbs were 9006 (a low beam bulb) are people deliberately using the high beam bulbs for the brightness because the projector does the job of controlling beam. I know the DDM did not distinguish between the 9005/9006 for it's HID bulbs but it does now.

I had the original Tesla Xenon HID upgrade, and I need to replace my low beam bulbs. The one that appeared most promising to me in the forum above as a drop-in replacement not requiring resistors , doesn't appear to be available any more. What are thoughts on the current best (and I mean by that reliable and bright) drop-in replacement bulbs folks are using? Thanks!

I'm probably misunderstanding but, if you have the original Tesla HID update, isn't the bulb a specific part paired to the transformer that's included?

FYI, I actually switched my original conversion to LEDs a couple of years ago.
I don't know, which is sort of while I am asking. I emailed the Tesla Roadster email to see if they could get me the service bulletin for the unit so I could try to figure that out, but I was betting someone on this board would come up with an answer before Tesla! :)