Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xenon HID upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whilst I'm generally happy with my own Xenon upgrade, I'm keen to see what they've done. I might go ahead and upgrade if they've improved the quality of the lenses and if it includes Xenon high beam, i.e. uses a shuttered lens rather than using ordinary filament bulbs for high beam.

I saw multiple cars in the 1420-1464 range parked outside the Menlo Park store. At first I thought they had the upgrade but coming home and looking at my car, it looks the same. I thought the new ones were going to be delivered with the upgrade or is it an option?

My car is being serviced now and they said maybe by next month for the current production, who knows for the upgrade?

Augie

I saw multiple cars in the 1420-1464 range parked outside the Menlo Park store. At first I thought they had the upgrade but coming home and looking at my car, it looks the same. I thought the new ones were going to be delivered with the upgrade or is it an option?

My car is being serviced now and they said maybe by next month for the current production...
That is sort-of an oxymoron. I think production is basically over next month, at least for US bound Roadsters.

Maybe they meant they need to get the last of the new ones delivered before they think about retrofits on the used ones?

That is sort-of an oxymoron. I think production is basically over next month, at least for US bound Roadsters.

Maybe they meant they need to get the last of the new ones delivered before they think about retrofits on the used ones?

The cars may be built but a bunch of them don't have their headlights yet (some just fitted with temporary lights) - maybe waiting for the new ones?

Last edited:
Looks like the xenons aren't shuttered; just a bulb update?

photo%u00252525288%252529.JPG

Just noticed - does that headlight assembly have a little fogging going on inside at the front? It does just seem like a simple bulb upgrade. I was hoping (wishful thinking) for 2k somehow the fogging issue had been resolved.