Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Craziness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the latest .34 update I no longer have stations listed for XM. If I select XM and then stations it puts up my entire favorite list and then under that it says XM and under that is one single folder that says Entertainment, and in that folder is XM Channel 1. Anyone else seeing this or am I just lucky. Bad enough direct input went away, but now all my categories are gone too! Tried resetting, etc...

Mine did the same. I tried having the XM signal resent, but it didn't help. I recall this being a problem for a few people several (dot) versions ago', but I couldn't relate to their problem. Now I can.

For now I've got them loaded into my favorite channels and swipe to access them.....they usually hang out to the left side.

PS - my S is fine; it's my X that lost it. Bizarro.

This is a known problem introduced as part of the media player "improvements" introduced in 8.0.

Tesla is aware of the problem - and there isn't any workaround - we have to wait until the media player is fixed.

The same is true with other known media player "improvements" added in 8.0 - such as USB random playback playing songs in the same sequence every time (not really random) and the USB player forgetting the current song/position when switching back to the USB source.

8.1 was supposed to include more media player "improvements", hopefully including the bug fixes to the known problems introduced in 8.0, but at least so far, 8.1 has not yet included any of these fixes.