Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Missing this morning.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got in the car to drive to work this morning, and XM is no longer in the audio section.... As well as all XM stations that I have listened to lately have been removed from the Recent list. I have tried the two button reset and nothing. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Tom

Yes. Search the forum.

and

I recall a few others too.

Reactions: Zelectric
I have a 2016 Model S and same thing has happened to me several times since i purchased the car a few months ago.
Seems every time I get into the car the XM button either has vanished or moved locations. Sometimes it had its own button, other times it is under the radio and other times completely gone.

Update so mine is missing again today. I called service last time and they removed a database from the car, which I believe was the user settings DB because when I got in the car it was picking it up at the dealership. No settings, no home link, no users. So I of course do not want to do that again. It took me a week to put everything back the way I had it :d.
So basically does anyone have a fixed that doesn't involve the service center? I tried the reset, power off reset the first time it happened and it didn't resolve my issue.
Let me know, thanks
Tom

Update so mine is missing again today. I called service last time and they removed a database from the car, which I believe was the user settings DB because when I got in the car it was picking it up at the dealership. No settings, no home link, no users. So I of course do not want to do that again. It took me a week to put everything back the way I had it :d.
So basically does anyone have a fixed that doesn't involve the service center? I tried the reset, power off reset the first time it happened and it didn't resolve my issue.
Let me know, thanks
Tom
Are you checking for XM while you are still in the garage? If so, one troubleshooting step is to move the car outside so that it can receive the XM signal clearly. After receiving a clear signal, the XM option should show back up.

Its not even an option. If you go to Sound > Settings > Sources> its not even a choice to hide or not when this happens its just missing. Plus XM has always worked inside my garage since I've own the car. Its what I use to listen to music while I work in my garage.

Tom

Reactions: TigerJayhawk
Add me to XM missing. Rebooting 2x, exiting the car, lighting it on fire, and walking away as it explodes seems the only way to fix it, as service has once again told me to pound sand.

Put in another ticket, and waiting. How do we escalate this?
I'm tired of getting my car where XM worked fine for months, and now doesn't.

Reactions: brkaus
Tesla asked me to reboot the car, didn't work. Appointment is this week. Can't wait for it to be closed as "customer is an idiot". I mean "customer education" when something I paid for doesn't work.

How do you start that arbitration thing?