Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Radio and Category Folders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have the Model X with XM radio. There used to be category folders under XM radio. Example a folder said Sports and under that folder were the XM sports channels. Now there is only one folder called entertainment and only XM channel 1 shows there.
I have reset my display several times. I have had my XM signal resent several times. I spoke with XM support and they have no idea.
Anyone else experience this?
Thanks
Bruce

contact SiriusXM and have them resend the code to your radio. Turn your receiver to channel 0 or 1 I think. And allow them to burst you with an update. Leave it on that channel for a few hours and the channel folders should download I think.

haven't tried this on my X yet, but IIRC that worked on my S a while back.

+1 I've called XM, I've emailed Tesla, I've called Tesla, I've begged the SC ---nothing! Having to punch a button 100 times to change
channels is getting very old. I guess we need to keep pestering them. somehow, this doesn't seem like it should be a big thing to fix.

In my Chevy Volt I could tune the radio by voice command to any station on XM , FM and AM also by simply pressing the mic. button on the steering wheel.

Tried that in my S thinking it would work as well..... turns out not so much :( in fact voice command overall in my Model S is pretty poor . ok REALLY poor!! but that's another subject.

The best workaround I've seen to date is to select several "faux" favorites in each genre or category to at least get close to the desired station and then go from there.

I'm not sure if the Browser in Tesla's can handle the XM online streaming "listen live" player?? that might also be an option, though I've never tried, it seems unlikely the native browser in the MCU could do it but might be worth a shot for those with an All Access package.

Yeah - still no correction. Tesla folks “oh we know about that”. Had my Model x only a few weeks - just not impressed with their service. Now my key Fob doesn’t work and service thinks it could take them 4-5 work days to figure out why. I told them the auto lane change will allow car to change lanes with a car approaching - they test drive with me to confirm - then tell me that it is normal. Sorry - but regretting giving up my Porsche Cayane for this Model X.

Why not set up favorites for all the stations you usually listen to and then tune by favorites? This is what I've done on every other car that had Sirius/XM radio. The only time I need to directly tune a station is when I'm setting up the presets. Does this not work on the Model X for some reason?

Why not set up favorites for all the stations you usually listen to and then tune by favorites? This is what I've done on every other car that had Sirius/XM radio. The only time I need to directly tune a station is when I'm setting up the presets. Does this not work on the Model X for some reason?

Well duh...works for regular channels but for sports that isn't predicable it's not practical.

Pushing a button 25 times to get to specific Chanel is not right and not safe. In just about every other car out there there is an ability to scroll the list, or jump to a category
Or use voice command.

Tesla should fix their UI. Period.

so today I get into my model X and literally for about 15 seconds, I could see every category I'm supposed to see! But alas, my joy was short-lived. This is absolutely ridiculous that Tesla has chosen not to address this problem. It makes Tesla look like they are not quite ready for "prime-time". And what happened to the updated media player that was promised a year ago. Maybe it will get fixed right after they finish "building the wall."

Reactions: CarbonFree
so today I get into my model X and literally for about 15 seconds, I could see every category I'm supposed to see! But alas, my joy was short-lived. This is absolutely ridiculous that Tesla has chosen not to address this problem. It makes Tesla look like they are not quite ready for "prime-time". And what happened to the updated media player that was promised a year ago. Maybe it will get fixed right after they finish "building the wall."

You don't mention what rev you re on.

As a point of information....my XM folder info was missing from May '16 through Oct this year.

The 2017.42 a88c8d5 update gave me all the folders the next day. However, it was "lost" the following day; I called Sirius and got a refresh and later that day it was working again and it now worked for over a week.

Thus, try calling Sirius and get a refresh and make sure your car can see the sky......