Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Radio Favorites - Tesla broke it - says it's "as designed". Hasn't used a radio in 40 years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No sooner do I get back the certified mail/letter letting Tesla know I plan to take them to court, within 48 hours my XM stops working entirely.

Coincidence?

has it come back yet? mine still works fine...maybe the tuner died.

I have to think this really is a coincidence. I can't imagine they would open themselves up to the lawsuits and fines that would follow if they really were turning off features people paid for just because they asked for those features to work as intended. that would cost them way more in the long run than a single small claims suit.

Just because you think no one is out to get you, doesn't mean they aren't. ;)

After parking the car over night, it appears to be working again, although not with favorites.

My drive took me several places without cellular, one of the reasons I like XM, and not having it was quite frustrating.

• Funny
Reactions: crackers8199
My drive took me several places without cellular, one of the reasons I like XM, and not having it was quite frustrating.

this is the thing that every time someone on this forum (or elsewhere on the internet) chimes in with "just stream it from your phone" whenever any SXM discussion comes up makes me want to smash my computer.

at this point, i'm hopeful that they're just going to randomly fix it in the holiday update without telling anyone...and then act like it had always been working the entire time. that would be par for the course...more worried about remote fart noises than actually making important stuff in the car, you know, actually work.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
this is the thing that every time someone on this forum (or elsewhere on the internet) chimes in with "just stream it from your phone" whenever any SXM discussion comes up makes me want to smash my computer.

at this point, i'm hopeful that they're just going to randomly fix it in the holiday update without telling anyone...and then act like it had always been working the entire time. that would be par for the course...more worried about remote fart noises than actually making important stuff in the car, you know, actually work.
Yeah - I get so tired of people saying just “stream things on your phone”. Are they really that clueless or that blinded to just let stuff slide?

For one the sound quality will never be as good as going direct from your car media system and streaming from your phone can stop, get buffered, lose cell signal, etc. Also - a safety issue (you should not be looking at your phone changing stations, music, etc). A great car will have a great media UI directly integrated within the car with easy ways to scan stations, favorites, presets, etc. BMW iDrive is one example and they even give you the option for CarPlay too, if you don’t like their interface.

I could go on and on, but people need to get over saying that and quit making excuses for Tesla or other car makers that might be deficient in an area. I really like my car too, but that does not mean you overlook some stuff that they may not get right and need to improve on and then critique it.

I use this as insurance against leaving it open. Just wish I could select more than 1 door.
I also have mine set to close on a schedule. ie:9 AM, 11AM, 1PM, 5PM, 10PM 11PM.

I've tested this a few times - works well. Before I hit the stop sign at the end of my road, the door is closed.

2022.44.25.2 does not fix the issue. Favorites still vanish at 20 minutes.

I didn't think they could possibly make Favorites worse ... but they did.

The new "mini" media player on Model 3 -- if you play something - anything, it gets added to the "Recently Played/Favorites" list -- pushing your favorites down the list. Many times right off the screen altogether.

Whomever at Tesla decided that Recents and Favorites were one and the same needs to be fired, and then rehired, just so they can be fired again.

My wife's given up altogether on trying to listen to any music in the car. She has it set on a single FM station and doesn't change it. Ever. Because the media player sucks so bad.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne

The new "mini" media player on Model 3 -- if you play something - anything, it gets added to the "Recently Played/Favorites" list -- pushing your favorites down the list. Many times right off the screen altogether.

Whomever at Tesla decided that Recents and Favorites were one and the same needs to be fired, and then rehired, just so they can be fired again.

My wife's given up altogether on trying to listen to any music in the car. She has it set on a single FM station and doesn't change it. Ever. Because the media player sucks so bad.

mine doesn't do this, at least i don't think it does? the "Recents and favorites" tab has always put whatever you listen to on it, as long as you stay on it for 30 seconds...but those always get deleted (or forgotten if you prefer) after about 20-30 minutes. the main SXM favorites screen still shows all of your favorites in whatever order you had them.

granted, i'm using the hacked retrofit into a model 3...but that's how mine works.

On my Refresh S it has always done that, but then it also keeps Recents from at least 6 months ago too. What is so hard about just having user customizable presets like every other car has that you can quickly scan through. I just don’t get it.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
2022.44.25.3 got my hopes up once again, only to be thwarted.
Good thing my car now 'farts'..? on command? Worthless $hit designed by 12 year olds.

this is the most infuriating part about this whole ordeal...they keep adding worthless, useless crap like this and ignoring actual issues that affect everyone's day to day driving and safety.

and if you bring this up on reddit, you're instantly downvoted to oblivion by the elon fanboys (ask me how i know). that's why none of this ever gets fixed....elon knows he's god to a large portion of the population that owns these cars, and that they'll never question him and always just throw their money at him. he has no incentive to ever do anything about it.

Arbitration is paid for, by Tesla. This will be much more fair.

Even if you did not opt out of arbitration, you can still use small claims court. (At least on my order).

If I buy another one - I will day 1 opt out of arbitration.
emails to "resolutions@tesla" are also a black hole.

Question: If you buy the car used, how could the arbitration agreement hold up? I'll have to check into that.

This isn't getting fixed.. the favorites. I personally don't care anymore. I drive other car we have. I wished I hadn't leased this. Great looking car, very drivable, but the entertainment interface is SOOOO F UP that it's not worth the stress. People like their FAVORITES! I just use the phone when I drive this thing. Fyi.. it's my 3rd and LAST Tesla.

Any one know if 2023.2.10 fixes anything? I'm afraid to install it for all the things it might break.
My X goes in the 20th for the front end upper control arm squeak. I'm sure they will install it then.

In the mean time, still waiting on the courts. More info coming around March.

Any one know if 2023.2.10 fixes anything? I'm afraid to install it for all the things it might break.
My X goes in the 20th for the front end upper control arm squeak. I'm sure they will install it then.

In the mean time, still waiting on the courts. More info coming around March.

would love to see you compensated for this, but more so I hope whatever judgment you get includes the requirement that they fix the damn thing. I wouldn't put it past Elon to just pay you off and leave the system broken if it gives him more time to add more fart noises rather than concentrate on actual issues.

would love to see you compensated for this, but more so I hope whatever judgment you get includes the requirement that they fix the damn thing. I wouldn't put it past Elon to just pay you off and leave the system broken if it gives him more time to add more fart noises rather than concentrate on actual issues.
Thanks. Yeah, fart noises are just so amazing to anyone who can afford a Tesla.

Unfortunately, in this case, and many cases, courts can only force compensation (money).
I would sure love a basic apology from the 12 year old who condescendingly doesn't know how radios work.
(or does, and manages to perfectly toe the line for 'how Tesla works').

I think that's almost as infuriating as the broken system.
I wish I could have recorded him and put in online (anonymously on his end, I'm not looking to ruin his life, just inform others of what occurred).