Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Radio glitches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Racerx22b

@unplggdd on Instagram
Nov 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
I just took delivery of a Model S Performance (my thrid Tesla) and our Satellite radio works perfectly at times, sometimes is staticy (more like pops when tap speaker wires on a 9v battery), and then sometimes produces no audio at all. I also observed our presets get mixed up. When I press a preset icon the channel it goes to does not match the channel it changes too. I've done the resets with no solution.

Anyone else experience this issue? I booked a mobile service appointment but wondered if this was a system-wide issue.

I just took delivery of a Model S Performance (my thrid Tesla) and our Satellite radio works perfectly at times, sometimes is staticy (more like pops when tap speaker wires on a 9v battery), and then sometimes produces no audio at all. I also observed our presets get mixed up. When I press a preset icon the channel it goes to does not match the channel it changes too. I've done the resets with no solution.

Anyone else experience this issue? I booked a mobile service appointment but wondered if this was a system-wide issue.
I have a 2 month old X. Same issues.

The signal on my XM service dropped out constantly. I would lose the signal for a few seconds every few minutes. Sometimes it would play for a half hour before dropping. I ended up canceling XM, it was just too aggravating to listen to. I never had any problems with the XM in my 2007 Hyundai or in my wife's 2017 Nissan.