Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM radio missing station list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been on the forum in a couple weeks. I came back here just to complain some more about how I can't stand not having an XM station list and what do you know - the first post is about that subject! The whole media experience drives me nuts! Looking forward to a fix.

When I had our S 100D in to get one of the handles adjusted, the Service Center manually pushed a software update and the XM radio had the station list - FOR ONE DAY - and then reverted back to no station information at all.

If someone does get an update that fixes this - and the fix stays - please let all of us know, so we can all request the update pushed to our cars.

The combination of the bug blocking the station list with the removal of the station slider in 8.0 has made the XM radio almost unusable - unless you're content with saving a few favorite stations and only listening to those.

Reactions: skialpine
When I had our S 100D in to get one of the handles adjusted, the Service Center manually pushed a software update and the XM radio had the station list - FOR ONE DAY - and then reverted back to no station information at all.

If someone does get an update that fixes this - and the fix stays - please let all of us know, so we can all request the update pushed to our cars.

The combination of the bug blocking the station list with the removal of the station slider in 8.0 has made the XM radio almost unusable - unless you're content with saving a few favorite stations and only listening to those.

Did the album artwork ever display when the station list was present?

We didn't have the station list long enough to test it. I noticed it was working when I drove home from the Service Center - but didn't spend any time playing with it while driving home in the rush hour traffic.

And by the time I got into the car the next morning - it was gone...

Doesn't look that XM is an option for the 3 so I wonder if they'll ever get around to fixing this for the existing base.

Well, it turns out that the new software did not fix the problem. I called the service center back and they have absolutely no idea how the XM is even supposed to work which is embarrassing. They explained to me that they thought that my problem was with slacker. Then they try to justify that the only categories that would be shown are the categories that you have selected favorites from which is clearly wrong as I'm only getting the pOp and entertainment categories even though I have favorite channels from news sports and others. This is very frustrating.

Trying to listen to MLB games on XM is like trying to convince Donald Trump to pay for the wall with his own money!
You have to keep pressing next to get to the next station. How frustrating!
If I'm on channel 19 and my Jays game is on 177, that means at least 10 minutes of pressing next. Unacceptable!

We saved a Favorite for the first MLB station - so we can quickly skip to that station, and then do the annoying single station pause and repeat dance until we find the game we want.

XM is an option on both the S & X - and needs to be fixed.

Though... with constant internet connectivity, couldn't Tesla add an XM app to the media player - and get access to the full list of XM's internet stations???

Reactions: X Fan
Well, miraculously this morning, the channel categories (all of them) are back. Anyone else have them? I told Elon Musk via twitter last week how pissed off I was, but not taking credit for the fix. Interestingly, seems like this is a fix that is not based on an updated sofware, but perhaps with the xm signal (which btw is a weak signal in my car). Looking forward to hearing if others got their categories back in their xm.

Well, miraculously this morning, the channel categories (all of them) are back. Anyone else have them? I told Elon Musk via twitter last week how pissed off I was, but not taking credit for the fix. Interestingly, seems like this is a fix that is not based on an updated sofware, but perhaps with the xm signal (which btw is a weak signal in my car). Looking forward to hearing if others got their categories back in their xm.

Is it also displaying album or station art?

+1 issue for my S100D
+1 issue for my wife's X100D

Frustrating and I'm glad there's a place to vent since I worry that complaining to the SC will make us seem petty. It does become a bit dangerous though when you have to advance the station 100x to get to the sports/talk stations. Not great when zipping down the road.

Hello. Yesterday I tried to listen to some live NFL games on XM (I have a P85D). Apparently I haven't tried to navigate XM since last season which was version 8.0 was released. To say the experience was underwhelming is an understatement. I've tried re-booting several times and today the XM people resent an activation signal to the car.

I still only get one folder (Entertainment) and inside only one channel (Station 1 - XM preview). I could live without the folder navigation if there was a decent way to simply change to other channels but there is not. Does anyone have an idea as to if/when this problem might be resolved? I always update to the latest version so I am presumably up to date.

Thanks for the help!

Hello. Yesterday I tried to listen to some live NFL games on XM (I have a P85D). Apparently I haven't tried to navigate XM since last season which was version 8.0 was released. To say the experience was underwhelming is an understatement. I've tried re-booting several times and today the XM people resent an activation signal to the car.

I still only get one folder (Entertainment) and inside only one channel (Station 1 - XM preview). I could live without the folder navigation if there was a decent way to simply change to other channels but there is not. Does anyone have an idea as to if/when this problem might be resolved? I always update to the latest version so I am presumably up to date.

Thanks for the help!

I've concluded that Tesla will never fix to our satisfaction (understand not an option for three).

Thus, in addition to my typically accessed stations, I've added many other favorites around the "dial" so that I can have less one station selection pushes to get to the desired station.

Based on the reports of the software features not yet working in the Model 3 (no FM radio, no Bluetooth audio, no Homelink, ...) - it's very possible the team that would fix the media player problems - is swamped trying to get the Model 3 software working - and that could mean we won't see any improvement in the S/X media player until the Model 3 is actually functional.

The XM radio is a head scratcher though. Tesla advertises XM radio as an option - that is purchased with new cars - even though they know it's been broken in all cars built in the past year. Surely they could have fixed that one - like they quickly fixed the first letter scroll bars that were dropped in the initial 8.0 release...

I'm in .92 software and it was not fixed. However, I got a call from my service center about complaining in the survey maintenance response and apparently, they released a new software update yesterday that fixes this issue. They manually pushed it to my Car, but I have not installed yet since I'm traveling overseas but he made it sound like it would fix the issue of the xm channels not displaying under 'channel list." Hope they are right. I have been without XM channels displaying for over 2 months!

Well, here we are in 12/2017. We took delivery of our MX yesterday and I have spent a couple of hours valiantly trying to program the XM radio to channels my wife likes. To no avail.

We were updated to 8.1 2017.50.2.something last night, buy still no joy. [Not totally joyless - in all the thrashing around that I did, somehow I now have one channel set as a favorite. Have no idea how I did that.]

Any *recent* developments on this issue?

SiriusXM been working properly for about a month now (2 seems upgrades ago) after facing issues since x pickup in May 2016.

Try calling Sirius, get the refresh and make sure the vehicle has access to sky/satellite.
It may take a while to show up (mine took a few hours).

The XM station list was fixed several months ago - we're still missing the station slider that was present before the 8.0 release - so in order to change channels, you have the option of using the favorites, station list or single-stepping through the channels (up/down one channel at a time).

If you aren't getting the station list - first try doing a console reboot (using the steering wheel controls). Park the car outside where it can get access to the XM satellite - and try having XM send you the activation signal again - and see if the station list shows up.

As I recall, when we got the release that fixed the problem, the station list slowly appeared - it may have taken hours or a day before we had the entire list.

The XM station list was fixed several months ago - we're still missing the station slider that was present before the 8.0 release - so in order to change channels, you have the option of using the favorites, station list or single-stepping through the channels (up/down one channel at a time).

If you aren't getting the station list - first try doing a console reboot (using the steering wheel controls). Park the car outside where it can get access to the XM satellite - and try having XM send you the activation signal again - and see if the station list shows up.

As I recall, when we got the release that fixed the problem, the station list slowly appeared - it may have taken hours or a day before we had the entire list.

Have tried all the above, and still no guide/channel list. I am still bewildered by hints that one should be able to navigate channel-by-channel using up and down controls. Where are those controls? I do see black forward and reverse arrows on screen, but they merely oscillate between channel 0 and 1. Is there some up/down controls elsewhere? Oh, and I have tried the physical up/down button on the left side of the steering wheel - no joy.