Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM radio missing station list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have tried all the above, and still no guide/channel list. I am still bewildered by hints that one should be able to navigate channel-by-channel using up and down controls. Where are those controls? I do see black forward and reverse arrows on screen, but they merely oscillate between channel 0 and 1. Is there some up/down controls elsewhere? Oh, and I have tried the physical up/down button on the left side of the steering wheel - no joy.

It sounds like you are still only authorized forthose 2 stations. Otherwise you would have the unparralled thrill of pushing the buttons forever to reach a station
I know when we first tried to get XM working (dec 2016 ) it took quite a few call to Sirius XM and finally it started working

Have tried all the above, and still no guide/channel list. I am still bewildered by hints that one should be able to navigate channel-by-channel using up and down controls. Where are those controls? I do see black forward and reverse arrows on screen, but they merely oscillate between channel 0 and 1. Is there some up/down controls elsewhere? Oh, and I have tried the physical up/down button on the left side of the steering wheel - no joy.

Please detail your X's specifications. Did you get the Premium Package?

Just tested XM using the latest 50.3 firmware in our S 100D.

Still no station slider for XM. It's available with AM & FM - but going to XM, all we see is the favorites/recent icons, the station button and the right/left arrows (single stepping station numbers).

If you are only getting stations 0 and 1, that likely means the radio isn't activated - which could require a phone call to SiriusXM to have them activate/reactivate the radio - and then letting it sit somewhere the car can receive the satellite signals to get the XM software fully activated and download the station list.

When I got into our car this morning in the garage - even though the station list was present, the XM radio would only go to stations 0 and 1 (no satellite signal in our garage). After pulling out of the garage, after a few moments, XM started working - and I was able to access other channels.

724EFDC4-93F1-4705-8F7C-325B23E545AF.jpeg FFD3DF3D-F503-489F-B96B-1DA80366D93B.jpeg

Interesting..... We did lose the slider a one point but have taken for granted everyone had it back.

We swipe up or down and all the categories are there to open and select a channel.

Last edited:
It sounds like you are still only authorized forthose 2 stations. Otherwise you would have the unparralled thrill of pushing the buttons forever to reach a station
I know when we first tried to get XM working (dec 2016 ) it took quite a few call to Sirius XM and finally it started working

I have not spent any time on phone trying to get XM to do anything other than "activate" the Tesla XM radio. I guess I'll have to get back on the phone and convince them that their activation is inadequate. Thanks.

If you call from inside your car turn off the Bluetooth on the phone. Otherwise SiriusXM cannot send a refresh signal to the car.

When I originally activated mine I logged into my account from my phone and sent my own refresh signal. Car on, radio on XM channel 1. Car outside the garage of course.

I have not spent any time on phone trying to get XM to do anything other than "activate" the Tesla XM radio. I guess I'll have to get back on the phone and convince them that their activation is inadequate. Thanks.

Update: I finally listened to all of the XM recorded instructions for activating the MX's radio. These said two things that I had not snapped to previously:
  1. It may take up to 15 minutes to complete the activation (and hence the loading of the stations)
  2. During that time, keep the car parked in a position where it can see the satellite(s) - I had been attempting the activation from within our garage, which is effectively an XM dead zone.
Tried it again, taking into account the above, and all loaded OK. Back to Classic Vinyl - Yay!

XM's technique of downloading the station data from the satellite works, though if they used an Internet connection - the activation process could happen much quicker - pulling the station data from WiFi and LTE (since it is a relatively small amount of data).