Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM radio no longer available after one week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most new cars come with 6 months free. I'd definitely ask Tesla about it.

So yesterday my XM radio stations all disappeared and were replaced with "not entitled" or something like that. I've only had the car a week. Didn't expect XM for free forever, but that was a pretty short run and I don't see anyway to sign up for XM even if I want to pay for it now. Anyone else?

When I took delivery, I asked my DS about XM and he said that there was no free trial. Perhaps it was different for Sigs?

I personally think Slacker sounds better than XM, and it's far more versatile. Happy to have that 3 free months.

Mine wasn't activiated initially when I got the car then all of a sudden I had XM when I hit the wrong input by accident one day. Since my wife already had SiriusXM in her car, I just added another device/radio to the account for the MS.

I will say that the SiriusXM reception is MUCH better than my wife's car (VW CC). She looses reception anytime she goes under an overpass or by tall buildings that block line of sight. I don't have any of those issues with the MS so I'm happy.

When I took delivery, I asked my DS about XM and he said that there was no free trial. Perhaps it was different for Sigs?

I personally think Slacker sounds better than XM, and it's far more versatile. Happy to have that 3 free months.

No XM here either... Then again, I had to contact them to even get slacker. *shrug*

Hi there-Could you please send me an email with your contact information to [email protected], so we can help. Thanks, SiriusXM Digital Calre Team

Interesting...

My XM went out and I discovered they have a reset feature on the XM site. Type in your number that is displayed on Channel 1. Of course if your subscription ran it out, you wont get anything. But it doesnt cost to try. I was told I got a year for the Sig. Send a Radio Activation SignalSiriusXM Radio Leave the radio on for at least five mins when you submit the request.

And now you have 1 year?

I was able to convert a lifetime Sirius subscription to XM lifetime. They initially were only charging me the standard $75 to move the subscription, but that price would not have included "Best of Sirius", so they charged an additional $100 for that for the lifetime. I am really just using it to listen to Howard Stern. I prefer Slacker for music.