TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

XM Radio - Online Stream

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ratsbew, Jul 25, 2015.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

#1 ratsbew, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Can anyone with XM radio verify if you can/can't access the online web player via the car's browser?

SiriusXM

This would be a great workaround to not having to buy the pano roof and premium sound ($4000 total!!) just to get XM radio.

2. jcrad

jcrad Member

I don't have XM, but I can honestly say that I don't miss it. I have multiple XM subscriptions, and have always had it in my cars, so it's kind of nice not to have to pay for another subscription. I haven't tried streaming from the browser, but you could always stream XM from your phone rather than the browser if necessary. Personally, I like browsing the different stations on Tune-in now...

JC

3. tga

tga Active Member

I have streamed Sirius on my phone and played through a VW's audio system using bluetooth. The only downside I can see is using your phone uses your data plan vs the S's free data.

4. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

The car's browser does not stream XM audio from the website.

5. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

Thanks!

Mostly I listen to NPR. Is there a way to do this for free in the Tesla?

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Yes, Tune In will get you any NPR station in the country (and just about any radio station in the world). Or if there is a specific NPR show you want to listen to, many NPR podcasts are also available with Tune In.