Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Radio vanished from my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 Refresh Model S 90D with XM radio, and have had no issues with it for the 4 years or so i've owned it, and today when i got into my car, the XM radio button had vanished. I've reset the MCU a few times, and sent a refresh signal, but the button just seems to have vanished, it doesn't appear in the list of sources either. Has anyone else had this happen before?

I have a 2016 Refresh Model S 90D with XM radio, and have had no issues with it for the 4 years or so i've owned it, and today when i got into my car, the XM radio button had vanished. I've reset the MCU a few times, and sent a refresh signal, but the button just seems to have vanished, it doesn't appear in the list of sources either. Has anyone else had this happen before?
Yes same problem

I did my update about a week and a half ago and XM has worked with no issues however today it was gone. I mean everything is gone I’ve gone to the source tab and it’s not even an option. There is absolutely zero options whatsoever for XM it is gone!

Hello, I have a Model S 2018. I have never had a problem with my Sirius radio until the last update.
When I park my car in my garage and lose the satellite single. I believe that Tesla has a time-out in their software that shuts off the Sirius radio connection to the computer and it removes Sirius from the CPU and computer screen.
Everything is gone on the screen.
If you put your car outside to receive the satellite radio signal. The Tesla computer needs to see a signal from Sirius before it will display Sirius back on the computer screen. This could take up to 4 hours before Sirius sends out a total refresh signal for every radio with a subscription.
To get your Sirius back sooner, you need to call Sirius support 1-888-601-6296 When the robot answers the phone, Say Refresh Signal. It will take 15 to 30 minutes

Reactions: Joshua1_98
Hello, I have a Model S 2018. I have never had a problem with my Sirius radio until the last update.
When I park my car in my garage and lose the satellite single. I believe that Tesla has a time-out in their software that shuts off the Sirius radio connection to the computer and it removes Sirius from the CPU and computer screen.
Everything is gone on the screen.
If you put your car outside to receive the satellite radio signal. The Tesla computer needs to see a signal from Sirius before it will display Sirius back on the computer screen. This could take up to 4 hours before Sirius sends out a total refresh signal for every radio with a subscription.
To get your Sirius back sooner, you need to call Sirius support 1-888-601-6296 When the robot answers the phone, Say Refresh Signal. It will take 15 to 30 minutes
Not sure I buy that explanation. My car is parked outside with a clear view of the southern sky and still experiences this problem. Also, it didn't use to do this, about 3-4 software releases ago.

Not sure I buy that explanation. My car is parked outside with a clear view of the southern sky and still experiences this problem. Also, it didn't use to do this, about 3-4 software releases ago.
I just pulled my car out of my carport. I did not have Sirius on the screen or in the radio list. Nothing on the screen.
I called Sirius and got the robot that identified me because of the phone number. I was asked what I wanted to do and gave me options, I said refresh signal.
It said radio must be on and antenna open to the sky and it should take about 15 minutes. Five minutes later my Sirius was back up and working.