TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

XM Sirius Radio

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by newdev, Jun 25, 2014.

1. newdev

newdev Member

Does anyone know; I have a XM subscription for another vehicle and if I add on to the subscription "listen through my computer" will I be able to access XM through the internet in the MS or do I need to do it through my phone?

Thanks everyone!

2. SlyWombat

SlyWombat Member

No audio support in the browser at this time.

3. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

I cancelled my XM as the internet radio offers more variety and its free (I can even listen to my home town stations)

4. theheff

theheff Member

I wouldn't bother. There are much higher-quality audio sources available in the S. XM just sounds kind of crappy TBH.

5. steve841

steve841 Active Member

XM has the most flawed subscription practice ever .... They need to change their model to that of Netflix ... 2 streams max per account, then next tier.

I always negotiate a deal for 5 months for $20 or something close. Otherwise, a rip off.

6. andydoty

andydoty Member

I agree. I had XM in my cars pretty much since their inception. The audio quality is mediocre and the selection is okay. I too switched to the internet radio options and find the audio quality far better and selection is much better as well. Plus, let's face it, why pay for a service that comes free (for now) with the car? I find that the Slacker pretty much plays the same songs as XM did (as I mostly listen to Jazz). Further more, I can listen to what I want anytime by asking Slacker to play it.