Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XMAS update- Can receive texts but can’t send them. Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I have an iPhone XR running IOS 12.4.1. I’ve avoided IOS 13 till now because it’s had so many issues.

However, I only seem to be able to receive messages and not reply. I’ve unpaired and re-paired as discussed. Settings are fine. What’s even more weird is messages from my wife aren’t being received by Tesla. Others are. (I may have just set myself up there huh?)

Is the working theory that I need to upgrade my phone to IOS 13.3 for this to work properly? Or are people on 13.3 also having issues?

Thanks!

Ok so I have an iPhone XR running IOS 12.4.1. I’ve avoided IOS 13 till now because it’s had so many issues.

However, I only seem to be able to receive messages and not reply. I’ve unpaired and re-paired as discussed. Settings are fine. What’s even more weird is messages from my wife aren’t being received by Tesla. Others are. (I may have just set myself up there huh?)

Is the working theory that I need to upgrade my phone to IOS 13.3 for this to work properly? Or are people on 13.3 also having issues?

Thanks!

I had the same problem (and started this discussion). Going to iOS 13 worked for me,

Bob

So I just joined this forum because of this issue. I can receive messages but when I reply, the sender does not receive them. Things is, Ive only noticed this recently and my iPhone and Tesla software is always up to date (running iOS 13.7). This is kind of a big problem for as I’m always stuck on the LA freeways, thinking I’m replying to my 11 & 14 yr old kids—meanwhile they think I’m ignoring them! I’ve done all the reinstalls suggested but still not working.

So I just joined this forum because of this issue. I can receive messages but when I reply, the sender does not receive them. Things is, Ive only noticed this recently and my iPhone and Tesla software is always up to date (running iOS 13.7). This is kind of a big problem for as I’m always stuck on the LA freeways, thinking I’m replying to my 11 & 14 yr old kids—meanwhile they think I’m ignoring them! I’ve done all the reinstalls suggested but still not working.

So it used to work, and doesn’t now ?
Or it never really worked ?