Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

xP90D From Dealer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in a xP90D from an exotic car dealer. I am trying to decide if I should get this vehicle delivered to me from out of state without knowing a few specifics, because the dealer has very little knowledge of Tesla revisions. Even more problematic is the fact that Tesla reps will not divulge ANY information based on VIN. I was able to get the dealer to email me a copy of the original window sticker. The date of manufacture is 12/2016 which leads me to believe it is HW 2.0 and I can see in pictures that there are side cameras in the Tesla emblems. Also, "Autopilot Convenience Features" was added at a cost of $2500 on the sticker. I am interested in FSD. Would I have to upgrade to EAP for $2500 and then another upgrade to FSD for $3000? I really want this vehicle because it has ventilated seats and its a 5 seater. It has less than 5K miles. What is a fair price? Thank you all.

You can walk the dealer through the options to see which are enabled by getting him to take pictures of the infotainment center.. but if you have the ability to see the maroney sticker, it does show what updates were enabled.

Here is the only 5 seater p90d that i found using ev-cpo.

Model X P90D 5YJXCAE48HF045868 | Tesla

Thank you Richard! What specific menus would need to be accessed? If you wouldn't mind giving a short list of directions, I'd appreciate it. I have only test driven a regular 90d once.

I'm interested in a xP90D from an exotic car dealer. I am trying to decide if I should get this vehicle delivered to me from out of state without knowing a few specifics, because the dealer has very little knowledge of Tesla revisions. Even more problematic is the fact that Tesla reps will not divulge ANY information based on VIN. I was able to get the dealer to email me a copy of the original window sticker. The date of manufacture is 12/2016 which leads me to believe it is HW 2.0 and I can see in pictures that there are side cameras in the Tesla emblems. Also, "Autopilot Convenience Features" was added at a cost of $2500 on the sticker. I am interested in FSD. Would I have to upgrade to EAP for $2500 and then another upgrade to FSD for $3000? I really want this vehicle because it has ventilated seats and its a 5 seater. It has less than 5K miles. What is a fair price? Thank you all.

I believe that you already have EAP on that vehicle - they did increase the price of AP, but if it was already purchased, then you would only need to add the FSD feature ($4k after build).

I believe that you already have EAP on that vehicle - they did increase the price of AP, but if it was already purchased, then you would only need to add the FSD feature ($4k after build).

That would be great. I'm hoping this is the case. So, from what I can gather...to get the display of the latest firmware:

hold the "T" symbol on the main screen and the revision will be displayed under the vin

Will the revision # tell me if EAP is enabled?

Thank you all, I really appreciate it. It's like the blind leading the blind when I'm telling the salesman these directions

tesla.jpg
tesla2.jpg
window2.jpg

I don't believe you can tell based on the SW version. It does appear that you have EAP enabled if in fact your vehicle has AP2 hardware. That vehicle does not appear to have Ludicrous mode though.

I assumed all p90d models had ludicrous mode. So, is there a way to activate Ludicrous? "P" does not denote Performance i.e. "Ludicrous"? Thank you for clearing this up!

I believe that Ludicrous was an extra $10k option until the P100D's came out. The P90D without ludicrous is still faster than the 90D, but not as fast as the P90D+Ludicrous.

I found this site - Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki - even though it is for the Model S, I think a lot of the powertrain changes also apply to the Model X. Look at 2016 March, then look at 2016 August - the P100D's come with Ludicrous included, but P90D's had it as an option.

I believe that Ludicrous was an extra $10k option until the P100D's came out. The P90D without ludicrous is still faster than the 90D, but not as fast as the P90D+Ludicrous.

I found this site - Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki - even though it is for the Model S, I think a lot of the powertrain changes also apply to the Model X. Look at 2016 March, then look at 2016 August - the P100D's come with Ludicrous included, but P90D's had it as an option.

Oh wow, that is heartbreaking. I really wanted the "Ludicrous" speed. If it in fact does not have it then I do not want it. Thank you for informing me!