Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPel and ceramic coating installed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been an XPel fan since I started driving into NYC daily. My brand new Subaru Forester had the paint scratched on all 4 corners from various parking garages and even people trying to walk by too closely. When it was time to replace the car I read up on XPel and had it on my last two Audis. Great protection, couldn't be happier.

Picked up my CPO MS two weeks back and scheduled it in as quickly as I could. The Tesla Model S package wound up being more expensive than my audi, but it was a no brainer. Entire front bumper, frunk, headlights, mirrors, rear bumper, A pillars, door edges and a few other places done.

On top of that, I was reading up on ceramic coating and opted for that too (didn't go for paint correction though).
Lastly I had tint done on the windows.

I have got to say that it's an amazing difference! XPel is clear so you don't notice it's there. But the ceramic and XPel together take my multi coat white paint and make it look like it's a mile deep and sparkle like I can't even describe. Wasn't cheap, but worth every penny!

Attachments

• 20170923_083637.jpg
    20170923_083637.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 20170923_083717.jpg
    20170923_083717.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 316
  • 20170923_083801.jpg
    20170923_083801.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 20170923_083813.jpg
    20170923_083813.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Informative
Reactions: boaterva
So my bro in law owns a shop and he raves about Xpel . I about fell over when he told me HIS cost to just do complete front portion of car, entire hood , front fenders , and mirrors. He said a roll of that stuff cost him close to 5k! Has two products but the other yellows over time and said that Xpel is far superior but almost twice the price. Is this stuff really that good? Never had a car this expensive and figure Im keeping for some time since I purchased! Now I have to ask about a ceramic overcoat? :eek:

I looked at some of the others, but when I found the installer and they said they exclusively do Expel, that sold me enough to try it. They had a line of 6 figure cars getting it done. I had some nasty scratches that healed themselves. In terms of yellowing...doesn't happen. My last car was a white Audi that wasn't garaged, so lots of time in the sun. You couldn't tell after a year where the expel was. To me it's absolutely worth it. No rock chips on the paint, just an awesome protection. You don't notice it's there.

I've been an XPel fan since I started driving into NYC daily. My brand new Subaru Forester had the paint scratched on all 4 corners from various parking garages and even people trying to walk by too closely. When it was time to replace the car I read up on XPel and had it on my last two Audis. Great protection, couldn't be happier.

Picked up my CPO MS two weeks back and scheduled it in as quickly as I could. The Tesla Model S package wound up being more expensive than my audi, but it was a no brainer. Entire front bumper, frunk, headlights, mirrors, rear bumper, A pillars, door edges and a few other places done.

On top of that, I was reading up on ceramic coating and opted for that too (didn't go for paint correction though).

I have got to say that it's an amazing difference! XPel is clear so you don't notice it's there. But the ceramic and XPel together take my multi coat white paint and make it look like it's a mile deep and sparkle like I can't even describe. Wasn't cheap, but worth every penny!
Absolutely beautiful Greg! I just picked up my ride on Saturday - drove it to Vegas and now regret not arranging to get the Xpel before the drive back. Nonetheless, I found two "authorized" XPEL services out here in Vegas and will drop off the car tomorrow or Weds for them to do a full front cover.

Love your Pearl White!

Thank-you for sharing. We absolutely agree that a ceramic coating over paint protection film can be a huge benefit and give a truly deep gloss to the finish.

Thank-you everyone for the kind words. We're here to help answer any questions you may have.