TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Xpel and Opticoat - very sweet

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Alan Refalo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Alan Refalo

Alan Refalo Member

Just picked up my car today from Q Car Care in Burlington. I ended up getting a full front xpel wrap and opticoat pro. This is the most i've spent on this type of work, previously I'd only done half wraps. So I was worried that it might not be worth it. I'll cut to the chase and say wow it was worth it! Here are a good picture.

IMG_2501.JPG

2. MrJones390

MrJones390 Space Boat

lookin' goooooood. Keep us posted on how it holds up!

3. tkizzy

tkizzy Member

I'm looking for something like this in the North Bay Area. Looks great!

4. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Looks very nice. Which front surfaces did you get wrapped?
    Did you go as far back as the doors and rear quarter panel behind the rear wheels?

5. NorCalSJ

NorCalSJ Member

Call Joe in Walnut Creek at 925-457-4703. He's done hundreds of Tesla's and he's a perfectionist..

6. BoerumHill

BoerumHill Member

Looks great, Alan!

Also interested in the answers to the Qs ArtinCT posed.

7. sorka

sorka Active Member

I did Xpel ultimate full front(nose, bumper, full hood, front fenders, and side mirrors). Opticoat everywhere else. Still swirl free under sunlight, twin led swirl light, and fluorescent light.

8. Alan Refalo

Alan Refalo Member

I did a full front, which includes the front bumper, hood and fenders. So no it doesn't include the doors. The entire car, including the xpel got opticoat pro. Personally i've never seen a car that had a wrap on it look this shiny. Normally they seem to take away from the shine. I'm sure the opticoat helps in that respect but the xpel is very clear.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot one other minor thing. The mirrors have xpel as well. Now that I've seen it I would have liked to do the entire car, however that is beyond my price range.

9. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Alan, I will peobably do what you have done when I get mine in March 2016. How lonf did it take to do the wrap abd coating? Did you drive it right there from Tesla?

10. Alan Refalo

Alan Refalo Member

It about 1 day to do. I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up the next afternoon. They gave me a rental car. No I had the car for about 2 weeks before I got the time to take it in.