Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL and sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For sure. I think that’s standard procedure and for the sensors on the bumpers, a non issue. I just thought Teslas had sensors behind the metal sheets on the side. If so, would it be a problem for these? Or maybe I’m just confusing with the sensors in the falcon wing doors on the X.

On a matte type install, it would be very noticeable if you did not have complete coverage.

It SHOULD be fine to cover them?

Problem with cutouts is you remove the entire point of wrapped edges. You have multiple circular vectors that allow for the film to lift and trap dirt.

My XPEL installer told me their template has cutouts for the ultrasonic sensors in the front bumper. I am only doing front, so not sure about the other sensors.

Ditto. Called one that is highly recommended in these parts and says that they never wrap sensors and that their templates do have cut outs. It’s also making me reconsider doing a stealth wrap as it means there will be those littles round things that aren’t matte.