TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Xpel Austin PPF Promo - 25% Off

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by stklee, Apr 6, 2018.

1. stklee

stklee Member

A shout out to Duane Garlow, GM at Expel Austin. He and his crew did a great job on my Model S and pending Model 3. His shop is clean and organized. Duane told me they love to work on more Tesla and want me to share a special limited time promo for our fellow Tesla Motors Club members:

25% off Xpel PPF - Austin, TX location ONLY - Limited Time Offer

2. likeafox

likeafox Member

How much does a partial/full wrap cost? And how long is the offer good for? It'll be hard to wrap my non-existent car.

3. stklee

stklee Member

Duane didn't say how long the promo is for...give him a call for a quote:

Duane Garlow
    General Manager XPEL Austin
    Cell : 605-415-7740
    Office: 512-220-2009
    8222 N. Lamar Suite E40
    Austin, Texas 78753

They removed my front license plate holder, thoroughly cleaned and removed splattered paint on my headlights and front bumper before installing the PPF. Very detail and quality focus. I decided to leave the license plate holder off as the front looks so much cleaner without it.

4. cmal

cmal Member

Doesn't Texas law require a front license plate? I'd love to take the front plate off mine, but it's not worth getting a ticket.

5. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

It does. It's usually just a fix-it ticket, but of course you never know.

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It’s not just the Austin location of XPEL giving the 25% Tesla discount on PPF (through June, I think), it’s all XPEL factory shops. That means San Antonio, Houston, Dallas too. I had my Model 3 done there last week, also paint correction, ceramic coating, and window film. The other stuff was 10% off.

I’m going back to have XPEL stealth put on the piano black center console (as RPM Tesla sells a kit for). XPEL didn’t have the template for it yet when I dropped the car off last month but has it now. It should prevent scratches and fingerprints.

• Informative x 1
  7. likeafox

likeafox Member

Would you mind posting how much all that cost?

8. TexasEV

It was about $3300 total.

9. buddwm

buddwm Member

I just had Duane do a PPF install on the front of my Model 3 for me and I have mixed feelings. I picked up the car this last Friday. Should I bring these issues up with him?

1. Driver side mirror seam line is obviously crooked - it begins at the edge of the mirror, but then curves inwards and then slowly goes back towards the edge.

2. Driver side fender has some dirt trapped underneath the film. Not sure how that happened.

3. Front bumper has a spot where on driver side, they have obvious gaps in the film, but on the passenger side, they overlapped it.

I've attached pics.

MVIMG_20180708_210047.jpg IMG_20180708_210231.jpg IMG_20180708_210011.jpg

• Helpful x 1
  10. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Those do look pretty bad. I would talk to Duane about them. He seems to care about his customers and would make it right.

11. buddwm

buddwm Member

Thanks. I plan to talk to him tomorrow and get his thoughts. Will update in a few days - hope they can fix it.

12. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Definitely bring that up. Good luck!

13. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

I'd be super surprised if they didn't fix it. Let me know how it goes, as if he doesn't offer to fix it, I don't think he'll get my business.

14. stklee

stklee Member

Definitely tell Duane about it...he comes across as a solid guy that cares about quality...keep us posted.

15. buddwm

buddwm Member

So I talked to Duane about the issues and over the week they were able to fix most of them. Overall I'm pleased and would recommend him.

One thing to point out - I ended up driving to his shop on Monday while it was raining. When I picked up the car today, both the paint and the PPF had water spots that couldn't be washed out. It seems both the film and the paint are very sensitive to corrosive elements. I never had this issue with my Prius, so it's new to me.

I'm going to go ahead and get paint correction and a ceramic coat done to fix these issues, and Duane is going to replace the film where there are perm water spots. So insane to me that a little water can do so much damage...

16. TexasEV

Paint correction needs to be done before XPEL.

17. bmok

bmok New Member

FWIW, I contacted Duane Garlow at XPEL Austin and this deal is no longer available (ended at the end of April).

• Informative x 1