Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Austin PPF Promo - 25% Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A shout out to Duane Garlow, GM at Expel Austin. He and his crew did a great job on my Model S and pending Model 3. His shop is clean and organized. Duane told me they love to work on more Tesla and want me to share a special limited time promo for our fellow Tesla Motors Club members:

25% off Xpel PPF - Austin, TX location ONLY - Limited Time Offer

A shout out to Duane Garlow, GM at Expel Austin. He and his crew did a great job on my Model S and pending Model 3. His shop is clean and organized. Duane told me they love to work on more Tesla and want me to share a special limited time promo for our fellow Tesla Motors Club members:

25% off Xpel PPF - Austin, TX location ONLY - Limited Time Offer
How much does a partial/full wrap cost? And how long is the offer good for? It'll be hard to wrap my non-existent car.

How much does a partial/full wrap cost? And how long is the offer good for? It'll be hard to wrap my non-existent car.

Duane didn't say how long the promo is for...give him a call for a quote:

Duane Garlow
General Manager XPEL Austin
Cell : 605-415-7740
Office: 512-220-2009
8222 N. Lamar Suite E40
Austin, Texas 78753

They removed my front license plate holder, thoroughly cleaned and removed splattered paint on my headlights and front bumper before installing the PPF. Very detail and quality focus. I decided to leave the license plate holder off as the front looks so much cleaner without it.

It’s not just the Austin location of XPEL giving the 25% Tesla discount on PPF (through June, I think), it’s all XPEL factory shops. That means San Antonio, Houston, Dallas too. I had my Model 3 done there last week, also paint correction, ceramic coating, and window film. The other stuff was 10% off.

I’m going back to have XPEL stealth put on the piano black center console (as RPM Tesla sells a kit for). XPEL didn’t have the template for it yet when I dropped the car off last month but has it now. It should prevent scratches and fingerprints.

• Informative
Reactions: likeafox
It’s not just the Austin location of XPEL giving the 25% Tesla discount on PPF (through June, I think), it’s all XPEL factory shops. That means San Antonio, Houston, Dallas too. I had my Model 3 done there last week, also paint correction, ceramic coating, and window film. The other stuff was 10% off.

I’m going back to have XPEL stealth put on the piano black center console (as RPM Tesla sells a kit for). XPEL didn’t have the template for it yet when I dropped the car off last month but has it now. It should prevent scratches and fingerprints.
Would you mind posting how much all that cost?

I just had Duane do a PPF install on the front of my Model 3 for me and I have mixed feelings. I picked up the car this last Friday. Should I bring these issues up with him?

1. Driver side mirror seam line is obviously crooked - it begins at the edge of the mirror, but then curves inwards and then slowly goes back towards the edge.

2. Driver side fender has some dirt trapped underneath the film. Not sure how that happened.

3. Front bumper has a spot where on driver side, they have obvious gaps in the film, but on the passenger side, they overlapped it.

I've attached pics.

MVIMG_20180708_210047.jpg
IMG_20180708_210231.jpg
IMG_20180708_210011.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Pkmmte
I just had Duane do a PPF install on the front of my Model 3 for me and I have mixed feelings. I picked up the car this last Friday. Should I bring these issues up with him?

1. Driver side mirror seam line is obviously crooked - it begins at the edge of the mirror, but then curves inwards and then slowly goes back towards the edge.

2. Driver side fender has some dirt trapped underneath the film. Not sure how that happened.

3. Front bumper has a spot where on driver side, they have obvious gaps in the film, but on the passenger side, they overlapped it.

I've attached pics.

View attachment 315633 View attachment 315635 View attachment 315636

Those do look pretty bad. I would talk to Duane about them. He seems to care about his customers and would make it right.

So I talked to Duane about the issues and over the week they were able to fix most of them. Overall I'm pleased and would recommend him.

One thing to point out - I ended up driving to his shop on Monday while it was raining. When I picked up the car today, both the paint and the PPF had water spots that couldn't be washed out. It seems both the film and the paint are very sensitive to corrosive elements. I never had this issue with my Prius, so it's new to me.

I'm going to go ahead and get paint correction and a ceramic coat done to fix these issues, and Duane is going to replace the film where there are perm water spots. So insane to me that a little water can do so much damage...

I know this post is well over 2 years old, but thanks for the info. I'm patiently waiting for my Model 3 to arrive in the next several weeks (Sep 2020) and I'm strongly considering getting some sort of PPF. I don't know much about it and starting to do my research before I get to that point and hopefully I'll be knowledgeable enough to know what I want by the time my delivery comes around and I've gotten at least a couple days to know my car. Would you folks recommend I make a trip to XPEL Austin beforehand and ask my questions first and getting a chance to see what their work looks like, or spend my remaining wait time researching all that I can, and then pretend that I know my *sugar* by the time I walk in looking for service? This thread spoke highly of XPEL (at least a couple years ago) so I would hope that they wouldn't try to take advantage of someone ignorant of the process and try to sell them a product/service that they don't need.