Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Certified Installer vs Not Certified

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Xpel needs to be installed by certified installer per their Website? I was looking into a shop to potential do the install and noticed they're not in the Xpel certified installer database. If the shop is not listed under the certified installer does that mean they're not authorized to do the install? I'm curious if it affects the warranty? This is the site I used to locate XPEL Clear Bra Installers | United States | California | Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana

Thanks,

Tempest

Good question though most importantly is the quality of the work and integrity of the installer. I went to an Xpel certified premier installer and they did a poor job. I would find a car they did, in person or in their shop, and inspect it. Mine did. It have any in for PPF at the time, only wraps.

Good question though most importantly is the quality of the work and integrity of the installer. I went to an Xpel certified premier installer and they did a poor job. I would find a car they did, in person or in their shop, and inspect it. Mine did. It have any in for PPF at the time, only wraps.
Ok thanks, yeah I think for sure reputation and quality wins over even if it cost a little more. But surprising to hear that about certified installer not doing great work. But will be interesting to hear about warranty though, I'll see about contacting Xpel and I'll ask them to see what they say.

So I called Xpel and they told me they would honor the warranty if it is a defect on the film itself but not the installation or anything caused by failed installation. So if the installer doesn't have good warranty or installation experience, you're on your own basically is what they said.