Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. So partial hood and partial fender plus bumper? I wondered if that would mean a line across the hood and how that would both look and if it would cause the film to curl up over time. Sounds like you have a 2017 model, so has it been good for the past year and half? Also is there a particular firm you liked for xpel application?

It's the clear film, the partial application covers a portion of the mirrors (another bug catching spot), the front edge of the fender and hood and the bumper...If your not looking for it, you would not notice it on the car... The only thing that highlights the line is when the edge gets dust on it, and I can notice it...but a short squirt with the water hose, and its gone

Please don't do the partial hood. It looks bad. You can see it. White cars it looks horrendous. I don't carry a hose with me. I do carry some opticoat in a spray bottle and microfibers in my frunk. Did full car wrap on both S, and 3.

Xpel is very nice. Cleans up with a one bucket waterless wash even here in Michigan on a dirt road. Motor City Auto Spa in Michigan. They fix all the Xpel screw ups by other installers. Also most expensive.

Spend the little extra $ on the best installer. Save a little, you get what you pay for. Installing is an art.