Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL + detailer in central VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

techmaven

Feb 27, 2013
I desperately want to get XPEL Ultimate put onto my Model S to avoid damage as soon as Tesla is done fixing a headlight issue in my car. I'd also like to get tinting done.

I've received a recommendation for RPM Superstore for tinting. The installer seemed confident on doing XPEL also, and his prices are cheaper than up in D.C. It's also potentially a logistical nightmare to get XPEL installed up in DC for me. Anyone have any experience with XPEL installers in central VA?

Also, at the Glen Allen supercharger opening yesterday, this beautiful matte black vinyl wrapped Model S showed up:

MMC_1898.jpg

I did meet the owner and he mentioned he had it wrapped in town, but I forgot to jot down both his name and the name of the installer. Does anyone know if he is by chance a TMC member? I know vinyl wrap is potentially very different from XPEL, but maybe the installer does both. The wrap was very well done.

Finally, I'm wondering if anyone in town is happy with a local detailer. Preferably someone that knows paint sealant vs. wax, ie. Glare Pro.

Thanks!

No responses. Oh, well.

My car has been getting pelted by bug splatter. It has eaten into my clearcoat already. I have 4 rock dings. In retrospect, I should have worked harder to get this all lined up before I took delivery. The black paint is just unforgiving.

Here's my car getting the factory swirls and whatnot as well as a month's worth of crap all buffed out. Or least most of it.

IMG_1434.jpg

Even after this treatment, there were still scratches and pits. Sigh. But it's as good as it's going to get and so this week it is getting XPEL Ultimate before more damage occurs. A lot of the damage is difficult to see without really looking close. But apparently the paint protection films have a way of making those imperfections stand out a bit.

I saw that Black out in Virginia at the Grand Opening also. I am the blue car that came in from Boston, if you recall me being there. I also wanted to talk to the owner of the matte black. I recall he said a famous guy named like Ticky Tack Joe or something. How did you XPEL Ultimate turn out? Can you send the details?