TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Xpel for new front how soon

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by zambono, Apr 13, 2016.

1. zambono

zambono Member

How soon till they have the cuts for the new front? That's a lot of paint to take care of? Also license plate holder options?

2. zambono

zambono Member

pic of european with front plate

3. zambono

zambono Member

I'm weary of the knife cutting the custom install, that's all

4. docrice

docrice Member

If you want a seamless installation where the film edges don't show (in other words they wrap around the panel edges), they're going to cut. You just need to have a competent installer.

5. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

I suggest that you call Xpel up and find out. They simply have to get their hands on a 2016 Refresh S, and do the new nose, hood, possibly the headlights, perhaps rear bumper (diffuser changed) and L & R Rockers (as they are now painted). Those are the parts that have or may have changed in the 2016 Refresh.

BTW, the new rockers, being painted body color now beg to be covered in Xpel. The parts that get dirty are right behind the wheel arches, the front bumper and nose and rear view mirrors. The rear bumper and vertical parts of the hatch collect dust like you would not believe. There is a vortex in the rear of the S which cause an accumulation of dust, dirt and snow.

6. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

7. zambono

zambono Member

So scotch guard is the way to go