Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL installation near Brentwood, TN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking an installer is a very important step with any paint protection installation. Be sure to ask to see examples of their work not only so you can judge their workmanship, but also their customer service quality.

We have a couple installers located near you. They can all be found right here in this link
XPEL Installers - Nashville

Once you've chosen an installer, you'll want to choose your coverage. Typically on any new Tesla, we recommend protecting the high impact areas. For these cars, they are the full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and mirrors. Other common areas to protect are the luggage area, door edges, and if you have the Model X, the back of the seats if they're painted.

Here are some videos of Tesla installations with XPEL ULTIMATE film that will give you a better understanding of the installation process.
Model S - XPEL Installation
Model X - XPEL Installation

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any other questions for you.

let us know if we can answer any other questions for you.
I just had one of your installers insist that XPEL ULTIMATE is an 8-mil film (even though I told him that the XPEL website product page, XPEL ULTIMATE - XPEL lists it as a 6-mil film) and, as such, it is too thick to wrap the edges of body panels. I have had other installers tell me that they do wrap the edges with this film. Can you please reconcile for me what I am being told?

I just had one of your installers insist that XPEL ULTIMATE is an 8-mil film (even though I told him that the XPEL website product page, XPEL ULTIMATE - XPEL lists it as a 6-mil film) and, as such, it is too thick to wrap the edges of body panels. I have had other installers tell me that they do wrap the edges with this film. Can you please reconcile for me what I am being told?

Hello,

Yes the actual polyurethane layer is 6mil but in calculating the total thickness of the film you include the clearcoat and adhesive which brings XPEL ULTIMATE thickness to approximately 8.1mils thick. A lot of edges can certainly be wrapped with ULTIMATE as well.