Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel near Montreal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Helwlo!

I am looking for a good shop to do a full Xpel Ultimate on my new Model S who is coming in around 2-3 weeks. On Xpel website it says that Protex is the official dealer in Canada. I have contacted 3 Protex shop near me(Terrebonne, Mascouche and Repentigny ones..) by email and none of them awnsered my question via email... It's been 3 weeks alredy. Anyway I will probably just call them but if anyone already done it and would like to share some places etc.

Also looking to tint my windows the most dark that i can legally do in Quebec.

Does anyone also did something like a Boomerang or a Sherlock? (not sure i want to put these ugly numbers on a Model S...)

Oh and also looking for a shop to do a profesionnal install for a Blackvue.. :tongue: On Blackvue website there a link to official dealer in Canada wich send me after to Vitroplus/Zibart.. don't know if they do "install" though.. didn't call or email yet.

Anyway any direction can help thanks!

Finally called Laval Repentigy and Mascouche Protex.

Full car: Laval 4300$
Mascouche 3000$
Repentigny 2800$

Mascouche and Repentigny guys didn't even know the car. Mascouche guy told me that he would look for car mesure and would call me back, he never did. Repentigny guys was like, no way it's going to be over 2800, never did a full car over 2800$.

Finally ended up taking a reservation at Laval even if it was a lot more expensive. They did many Tesla and the guys knew what he was talking. I told him about the price of the 2 other locations and he started laughing. Told me you should go there, there are going to loose money on the job.

Leaving this here if anyone looking for informations and price on this.

If you're doing the entire car, the Laval price seems about right. I did the entire front clip, mirrors and all four doors, with a strip at the lift over area at the rear hatch. Final price was just over $3,000, so doing the rear quarters, pillars etc. would probably make $4300 seem reasonable. I'm in BC, but I expect the pricing would be comparable.

The comment from the guy who did my car was "there's a crapload of Xpel on this car!" He's right. Those body panels are *big*...

Job is done, I went to Laval Protex. Just to add that it costed me around 5K (taxes included) + around 250$ for the window tinting. They did a good job. Have to go the service center one day to rebadge the car, and buy a new "S" letter, I broke mine I don't know how while it was in the glovebox...

Hi Dakkor,

Thanks. I'm looking at having XPel Ultimate installed on my car by protex from Laval so I wanted to check a few things before I head that way.
  1. Are you still satisfied with XPel Ultimate?
  2. Who did the installation?
  3. Are you satisfied with the installation work?
  4. If you went to protex, which package did you buy and how much did you spend?
  5. What colour is your car? Do you see any lines or anything between the parts that are protected and those that are not?
  6. Have you had something like this installed before in another car?
Anyway, that's what comes to mind now. Just trying to see if this will be money well spent and if protex is the right place to do it.

Thanks,

-Anibal

1. Are you still satisfied with XPel Ultimate? Yeah very satisfied save me a rock chip on the hood.
  2. Who did the installation? Can't remember but it was done at protex laval.
  3. Are you satisfied with the installation work? Yeah if I remember it took 2 days.
  4. If you went to protex, which package did you buy and how much did you spend? I did full a full car wrap. Cost was 5K taxes included
  5. What colour is your car? Do you see any lines or anything between the parts that are protected and those that are not? I have the red multicoat. I can see lines because I know where they are. People don't see them.
  6. Have you had something like this installed before in another car? Was my first time. Would do it again on a car expensive like that. Not on my Kia though

I also had my Roadster and S done at Protex Laval.
The roadster was a full wrap, the S was full front (full hood, full front, both front quarter panel) and significantly cheaper: 1800$.

Bobby (one of the owner I think) did my Model S.
On a full job, there's typically no line that shows as they wrap around all panels that they can.
On my S, since it was not a full job, I had some Xpel added in the front of rear wheels (part rear doors & panels).
I knew this would show a line, but it is a vulnerable area to rocks projected by the front wheels!

The good: I don't worry about chips on the hood or anywhere the XPel is present and it washes easily, no need for wax
The bad: it seems to attract dust as if the 'plastic' creates static...so it washes easily but doesn't stay clean for long...or I live in a very dusty area! :)

What ever you choose, don't do part hood...this shows a clear line that I wouldn't like.
If you do parts, try to choose full parts.

Of course, less than a year after buying the car, I got a huge scar on the rear left door after my wheel bounced off a piece of wood on the highway into it!...the Xpel would have probably ripped but it would have taken most of the damage...Now, the S has a scar...
Still, even with this, I feel 4000/5000$ is too expensive for a full wrap on the S...for a daily driver car that will loose its value with time!
If it comes to it, I can always have the S re-painted without a huge impact on resale value (if I choose the same color).

The same is not true for the Roadster!
It needed the full wrap to preserve its original paint finish and value!

Thanks for your comments. I ended up doing the Ultimate package and so far so good (but just did it). I had my first road trip with it and the bugs stuck to the front nose were easily removed with the hose. Let's hope it stays that way in the future.

What was the cost? You can do Cquartz on Xpel?

Definitely ... it protects the protection and adds a gloss. Had XPEL and cQuartz done about a year ago and it's holding up well. cQuartz finest, the "professional" version was about $900. cQuartz UK is an option for the DYI type. It's not as durable as Finest, but costs around $100 for 30ml, which would do at least a couple of cars.