Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPel, Opticoat etc. alternative for cheapos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1 month update. The car has around 1K miles now. I'd say so far my experiment has been a success.
You can find the full list of the products and process I'm using here XPel, Opticoat etc. alternative for cheapos

This morning, I washed the car with the process I outlined (pressure washer + foam cannon + 2 bucket).
I then dried it, cleaned the wheels, and put armorall on the wheels.
I then put aquapel on the glass surfaces (except pano roof, not because I don't want to but I need a small step stool to do it, which I didn't have - next time I guess!).
I then did liquid glass all over, coat #3 so far. I need 2 more coats to get it ready for winter.

So far I have zero scratches, zero swirl marks, zero chips, zero imperfections. I'm happy I saved my $ on expensive detailing so far. And yes it's been a lot of work, but the day I put into my car, I skip gym, so its all right! Although, the car takes a lot more time (I spent around 6 hours today total), and I think I get better exercise at the gym. But whose counting!

Here are the results.

Pasted_Image_8_1_15__7_16_PM.jpg

As a side story, as I pulled out of garage, on to the main road, there was a lady driving a lexus SUV, and a family walking. Everyone literally stopped to stare at my car. LOL.
As a reward to myself for all this hardwork, I got myself a lemonade from starbucks, and I got 2 thumbs up in 2 miles. I guess it's either the car, or me that's hot.

I did 600 miles in one week in the loaner I have right now.

Impressive, They still haven't fixed all the issues in your car?

Though I'm going to call Tesla tomorrow and schedule another visit... Among a few minor issues I found out that the center sliding armrests are held by two torx screws, and it's a PITA to get the front one back in place, lol

Impressive, They still haven't fixed all the issues in your car?

Though I'm going to call Tesla tomorrow and schedule another visit... Among a few minor issues I found out that the center sliding armrests are held by two torx screws, and it's a PITA to get the front one back in place, lol

Nope. And it will go back again in 6 to 8 weeks (Hopefully the 4th service visit is a charm!). My car gets returned tomorrow with a loaner battery while mine goes on a cross country road trip. The drive unit they put into my car though will remain. Hoping for no more clunking and milling noise!

Nope. And it will go back again in 6 to 8 weeks (Hopefully the 4th service visit is a charm!). My car gets returned tomorrow with a loaner battery while mine goes on a cross country road trip. The drive unit they put into my car though will remain. Hoping for no more clunking and milling noise!

O man... that's rough.