Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AusDetail

Former Vendor
Sep 11, 2019
Sydney
Hello Tesla owners,

It's time to get protected. We are Sydney's leading XPEL PPF applicator and we ecstatic to announce our partnership with the Tesla Motors Club as the first Australian Vendor. Some of you may know what XPEL PPF is, but if you don't, PPF otherwise known as Paint Protection Film is the best protection for your car against all sorts of damage, such as but not limited to;

- Stone chips
- Car park scuffs
- Swirl marks
- Sun damage

XPEL is all american made and owned and is the best fit for your car. XPEL is made of polyurethane so it won't yellow or discolour. Its primary design is to protect from damage to your paint. It's got the most comprehensive, 10 year Australia wide warranty, national network of factory trained installers and the thickest substrate (total thickness) of any film on the market.

Benefits of XPEL;
- Self healing
- Stone chip protection
- Scuff protection
- UV protection
- Computer cut, no knife blades near your car
- Gloss enhancement
- Completely removable

With the launch of the new Model 3 we have decided to create a model 3 special. Please see below the list of discounts.

FULL CAR - $6160 - (RRP $8500)
- This includes PPF on all painted panels of the vehicle. Also including headlights and other trims.
- Free ceramic coating on the PPF for extra easy cleaning and gloss
- Free interior textiles protection for easy cleaning

HIGHWAY PACK - $3350 - (RRP $4500)
- This includes full frontal area protection in PPF
- Ceramic coating over the remainder of the car
- Free Interior protection

Please feel free to contact me on 0434 467 438 or [email protected] for any questions
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 9.17.31 am.png

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: dalec
Hi @AusDetail and thanks for posting the offer for us.

Just for comparison, how much would a coloured vinyl wrap cost for the whole car?
Hi Stedes.

Generally colour changes range anywhere from $5500-7500+ Depending on the length that the install team goes to to convert it.

We can also use PPF to transform your car from Gloss to Matte. We have a M3 booked for this process so will post photos when we are done. Will transform it from gloss to matte in colour while protecting the paint at the same time.

Cheers

Do you also do tinting of the model 3? Specifically the roof and rear window as a simple piece?

what would it cost ball park for best thermal film.
Hi there,

Given the size of the internal glass we cannot cover this in one piece of Tint. Unfortunately this would lead to a less than ideal final fit. We can however tint the “normal” glass using 99% IR and thermal film for $399 full car.

Hope this is helpful, cheers

T
Hi Stedes.

Generally colour changes range anywhere from $5500-7500+ Depending on the length that the install team goes to to convert it.

We can also use PPF to transform your car from Gloss to Matte. We have a M3 booked for this process so will post photos when we are done. Will transform it from gloss to matte in colour while protecting the paint at the same time.

Cheers
Thanks for that.

Do you guys include paint correction prior to applying the wrap in the prices quoted?

Hi there,

Given the size of the internal glass we cannot cover this in one piece of Tint. Unfortunately this would lead to a less than ideal final fit. We can however tint the “normal” glass using 99% IR and thermal film for $399 full car.

Hope this is helpful, cheers

Have a watch of this guy doing a Model 3 in one piece. It just takes a bit of skill and time.

Reactions: KRMS and AusDetail
Yes Paul, agreed. I expect the people who are asking for roof tint haven't experienced a Tesla in summer - there's definitely no need to tint the roof.

I feel like I have to disagree here. It's uncomfortably hot on the top of my head in summer and almost every passenger that's ever been in the car with me has said the same. It becomes a bother when outside temps climb past 30C (which is happening more and more often as the years go by...). I've been meaning to get around to getting the roof tinted - will probably end up doing it when this summer hits...

I feel like I have to disagree here. It's uncomfortably hot on the top of my head in summer and almost every passenger that's ever been in the car with me has said the same. It becomes a bother when outside temps climb past 30C (which is happening more and more often as the years go by...). I've been meaning to get around to getting the roof tinted - will probably end up doing it when this summer hits...
Has anyone had any experience with the clip in roof shade that Tesla sells? I thought it might be handy in the heat, but I thought it would be nice to take out to enjoy the sky and stars in cooler months.

Has anyone had any experience with the clip in roof shade that Tesla sells? I thought it might be handy in the heat, but I thought it would be nice to take out to enjoy the sky and stars in cooler months.
Got one in an S. Never had a problem with sunroof heating up without. All windows (not windscreen) tinted with 3M Crystalline 40. Great for privacy - harder to see in. Easy in/out. Can open roof without taking off. Only purchased because had referral credit to spend. Also have one on rear window which also good for privacy.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Yes bought one before I collected my S with referral credits. Complete waste of referral credits as I’ve had no use of it as the heat just doesnt penetrate in any concerning manner. Hottest was 44 degrees last summer.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman