Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Prime XR vs PLUS worth the extra $150?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting a window tint quote for all the side and rear windows. Apparently Xpel Prime XR is $150 cheaper than the PLUS version. I am going to get the windshield done with Prime XR PLUS, but I am not sure if it's worth it to do Plus version for the side & rear windows. The car would be sitting outside in the SoCal sun, so it would be baking for hours anyways.

Does anyone feel that there is substantial IR / heat rejection performance to warrant the additional money for the Plus version...besides the usual ads/marketing from the manufacturer?

I'm getting a window tint quote for all the side and rear windows. Apparently Xpel Prime XR is $150 cheaper than the PLUS version. I am going to get the windshield done with Prime XR PLUS, but I am not sure if it's worth it to do Plus version for the side & rear windows. The car would be sitting outside in the SoCal sun, so it would be baking for hours anyways.

Does anyone feel that there is substantial IR / heat rejection performance to warrant the additional money for the Plus version...besides the usual ads/marketing from the manufacturer?
Is the color of the XR and the XR Plus different? If so, would that bother you after a while? I'm not making a judgement here, just offering a point for you to consider.

Care to share where you got your tint done?

Xpel Prime XR supposedly has more of a bluish tint, like the way 3M Crystalline does. I have 3M Crystalline on other vehicles, and I definitely notice the bluish tint. XR Black is supposed to have a charcoal tint.

Both Prime XR and XR Black at 70% have the same Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER) at 49%. I'm going with XR Black 70% this time as I prefer not to have the blue tint.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Xpel Prime XR supposedly has more of a bluish tint, like the way 3M Crystalline does. I have 3M Crystalline on other vehicles, and I definitely notice the bluish tint. XR Black is supposed to have a charcoal tint.

Both Prime XR and XR Black at 70% have the same Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER) at 49%. I'm going with XR Black 70% this time as I prefer not to have the blue tint.

I was very curious about this. If a shop were to sell you XR Prime Plus, but actually used XR Black instead (bait and switch since the Plus and Black are very similar), it would be very apparent by the blue or charcoal hue? On the warranty card it does specify the tint type/model so I guess that is that too for some extra insurance.

I was very curious about this. If a shop were to sell you XR Prime Plus, but actually used XR Black instead (bait and switch since the Plus and Black are very similar), it would be very apparent by the blue or charcoal hue? On the warranty card it does specify the tint type/model so I guess that is that too for some extra insurance.
Certified Xpel shop will not play games like sell you XR Plus but used XR Black. If Xpel finds this out - they lose certification.
After the installation, you get a warranty card, that not just specify the tint type/model, but also the serial number of the roll that was used for tinting. So you can service your tint in any authorized Xpel shop.

Reactions: coherentspoon