Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Prime XR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are an authorized dealer for Xpel films. We offer the Prime XR Black series and the Prime XR Plus series films. They are all safe to install on ALL the windows of ALL cars. No, window tint doesn't cause the windows to crack or explode. That is a very old myth. If a window does crack during or after the installation, it is typically a bad piece of glass that would have cracked anyway. These films are extremely efficient at rejecting Infrared Rays and UV too.

APC7, give us a call or send us a pm to get more information on shades, prices and scheduling. :)

Nick

You’ve gotta be kidding me... This makes me consider looking elsewhere outside of Austin (San Marcos, San Antonio maybe Hoston) to get this done. $699 is crazy and more than they are getting charged in California....

I've been reading prices round here. WTF are people thinking. I was charged $120 for 4 windows in CA. that was 6 years ago, and maybe not as HQ a film, but its holding up perfectly. Considering DIY... the materials are less than $100. I'm not paying someone $200-300 an hour to do anything.

What did you end up doing?

I did Prime XR Plus 35% all around. Looks great.

South Florida sun and heat are brutal my car is parked out in the open all day at work no shade. The interior reaches around mid 90f inside at peak afternoon (measured by Tesla app) with outside temps being in the hi 80s. Now that the outside temps are in the low 90s I measured the car interior in the afternoon at 125F. I wonder how hot the interior components can handle, summer is coming and temps will hit high 90s down here so I'm guessing the interior temps will rise even higher.

I did Prime XR Plus 35% all around. Looks great.

South Florida sun and heat are brutal my car is parked out in the open all day at work no shade. The interior reaches around mid 90f inside at peak afternoon (measured by Tesla app) with outside temps being in the hi 80s. Now that the outside temps are in the low 90s I measured the car interior in the afternoon at 125F. I wonder how hot the interior components can handle, summer is coming and temps will hit high 90s down here so I'm guessing the interior temps will rise even higher.
South Florida here as well with Prime XR ceramic. 5% around - 20% windshield. I too have my car sitting outside at work and the highest interior temps I have seen are 100F with no cabin cooling activated (w/or without A/C)

It gets warm in the cabin but that film really works well and my A/C doesn't run that hard after initial cool down - which is about 3 minutes. I keep the climate control on 75F AUTO all the time and the cabin is plenty cool and comfortable.

This looks great! May I ask where you got this done? Central NJ?? Did you get the back window done in 35%? How is night driving? Visibility ok?
i had it done at "a buff and beyond" in cranbury NJ, every window is 35%, windshield is 70%. no visibility issues at all. the shop is super legit and professional, check out their youtube page and you wont have any doubts of using them. constant flow of cars 4-5x our price. Nick is the owner and a super cool gut

Hi, where did you have it done in Houston? I've tried a few places but they can't do the back window on M3. Thanks!

If there is a specific tint you want, contact the manufacturer and ask for a list of authorized vendors and installers in your area. I knew I wanted Xpel Prime XR Plus, so I contacted Xpel through their website and they emailed me the names of 3 or 4 authorized installers in my area. Plus, this way you are certain that the manufacturer will honor the warranty if there is a problem with the tint down the road.

So I'm bouncing back and forth between getting Xpel CS or Xpel XR black (not plus) on my new Model 3 white on white. I was quoted $700 for everything but the front roof glass (the "sunroof") for CS and $950 for XR. Looking at the solar/IR rejections specs CS vs XR, I'm thinking it's worth the extra $250 to go with XR. Thoughts?

So I'm bouncing back and forth between getting Xpel CS or Xpel XR black (not plus) on my new Model 3 white on white. I was quoted $700 for everything but the front roof glass (the "sunroof") for CS and $950 for XR. Looking at the solar/IR rejections specs CS vs XR, I'm thinking it's worth the extra $250 to go with XR. Thoughts?
Why not Plus? It’s even better rejection than Black.

Ski