TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Xpel saved my skin 2x in one week.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by xrayvsn, Jun 2, 2016.

1. xrayvsn

xrayvsn Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Manchester, TN
    Just have to give props to the paint protective film Xpel, for it definitely prevented some paint issues with two incidents I had this week (I got the full body Xpel coverage)

The first was when I parked in a public covered garage near the Chattanooga Aquarium. When I got home from the visit I noticed two dark scuff marks on the passenger side rear door where I am positive someone who was careless just opened their door into mine. Given that the rest of the car was pretty much in same condition as I got the day I bought it, it was a bit heartbreaking. I contacted the installer and was anticipating removing that panel of protective film and replacing it. He suggested that as long as there was no tear in the film (there wasn't) I should first try rubbing alcohol. I used one of those alcohol wipes and lo and behold, back to brand new condition. Couldn't even tell there was an issue in the first place.

The second incident was my fault. I guess I pressed the trunk open button too early as the garage door was going down. There was an awful sound as the trunk lip banged into something in the garage door. I honestly thought with that kind of sound there was going to be a dent and definite paint loss. This time there was a small tear in the clear film (a few millimeters and honestly not noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it. No dent, and underlying paint was untouched.
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  2. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Mar 13, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    Wow! That is great, we're happy that it, essentially wiped off and the other helped protect you paint.

Always good to hear success stories from our customers.
    • Love x 1