Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

xpel stealth in Melbourne

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know who can do xpel stealth on model 3 in melbourne?

I called house of tint and they quote circa $8500 for a fully body wrap which seems high; Affinesse doesnt do xpel and offers someother brand for $5900 with ceramic coating; VIP car detailing Moorabbin didn't know about stealth xpel wrap.

Grateful if anyone has any experience can provide some info.

Does anyone know who can do xpel stealth on model 3 in melbourne?

I called house of tint and they quote circa $8500 for a fully body wrap which seems high; Affinesse doesnt do xpel and offers someother brand for $5900 with ceramic coating; VIP car detailing Moorabbin didn't know about stealth xpel wrap.

Grateful if anyone has any experience can provide some info.

You’ll get another 10% off at Affinesse if you join the “Tesla Owner Club Of Australia (TOCA)”. At a $50 joining fee you’ll instantly save more $’s joining than not.

Getting my X done this week.

Think you’re gonna love it!

Attachments

• 380EC9CC-EF2F-487D-B8CB-B62BEA266AEF.jpeg
    380EC9CC-EF2F-487D-B8CB-B62BEA266AEF.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 339
  • A7FE695D-995F-4AEE-AA1A-958822908AB9.jpeg
    A7FE695D-995F-4AEE-AA1A-958822908AB9.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: blasterkings
Getting my X done this week.

Think you’re gonna love it!
Looks nice.

FWIW -
Mr detail quoted $6200
Prime detail quoted $7000
House of tint quoted $7200

All 3 will do paint correction, wax, polish before wrap. Plus do a ceramic coat after ppf. They will also remove badges before wrapping and reapply them after ppf. The quote includes all this.

They are the only 3 who are authorised for xpel in Melbourne right now.

And it's a circa $1000 more for removing panels and doing full job with all these providers.

Affinese can do hexis wrap for $5900 if you had toca membership.

If someone has better pricing than this please share with me.

$6-$7k is a hard pill to swallow. I understand the protection it offers but I can't see ROI when it comes time to sell. I've sold/traded in many cars over the years and never have I been haggled on a few stone chips here and there - when clearly the cars have been in great shape and obviously take care of.

These cars aren't rare limited editions, they are to be driven and as such will deteriorate to some extent and prospective second hand buyers do to a large extent focus on $'s.

I'd love to ppf my car, I hate stone chips but I just can't justify it. Interested how you guys have convinced yourselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimba78
$6-$7k is a hard pill to swallow. I understand the protection it offers but I can't see ROI when it comes time to sell. I've sold/traded in many cars over the years and never have I been haggled on a few stone chips here and there - when clearly the cars have been in great shape and obviously take care of.

These cars aren't rare limited editions, they are to be driven and as such will deteriorate to some extent and prospective second hand buyers do to a large extent focus on $'s.

I'd love to ppf my car, I hate stone chips but I just can't justify it. Interested our you guys have convinced yourselves.
I haven't.

if you don’t mind saying, how much did you pay?
Just over $4k for Xpel of full front, doors, rocker panels, couple of other bits and ceramic paint protection.

About $6k is right for a full car wrap.

The good thing with PPF is you can customise which areas/panels you want done to help with the cost. I felt like full front was essential for the M3 and doors are a "high touch" area due to the lack of door handles when closing ;)

I'd love to ppf my car, I hate stone chips but I just can't justify it. Interested how you guys have convinced yourselves.
Agree it's a lot of coin.

I didn't do it for resale, I did it for myself. I'm fussy about the paintwork and try hard to protect it and keep it clean. So for me it was an investment towards that.

I wouldn't do it expecting a ROI come resell time. Do it if paintwork blemishes are going to keep you up at night ;) If not don't stress and save the money!

I went full car PPF with XPEL Ultimate + & ceramic coat on top. Cost me $5800 all up but I think it's more now.

Got mine done at Sydney Premium Detailing in Castle Hill, NSW (which doesn't help you) but wanted to give you feedback on my experience and why I went ahead.

Car looks like new every time I wash it. No swirl marks (which with a black car like mine you'll get no matter how carefully you wash your car). Already protected the car from multiple stone hits and hot / almost boiling water leveled it all out.

Film is so good I get compliments all the time - piano black all the time - highly recommended :)