Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Stealth on deep blue metallic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my car back from the detailing shop (Auto Image out in Barrington, IL). They were fantastic to work with and did a really nice job... highly recommended if you're in the Chicago area. They've been doing a lot of Teslas and it shows; they really know their stuff.

Full XPEL stealth wrap with modesta bc-08 ceramic coating (bc-09 on the wheels).

I think it looks great here (right when I picked it up) but honestly the real magic is early evening/dusk. It's just incredible how cool the blue+stealth combo looks in different lighting.

I've never been a showy car person (my most recent car was a Mazda I owned for 10 years) but we already had a kid excitedly smack his brothers/dad to turn and look as we stopped to get food, which was admittedly pretty neat.
IMG_0646.jpg
IMG_0647.jpg IMG_0648.jpg IMG_0649.jpg IMG_0650.jpg IMG_0652.jpg IMG_0653.jpg

Man.

I had just "decided" to go with ultimate on my incoming midnight silver P3D.

My concern was that stealth didn't look that great in low light. Now you have me second guessing again.

Wife. Is. So. Done. With. Glossy. VS. Matte.

I can tell you that there was a model 3 (no idea what version, since the badges were still off) in the shop that was midnight silver getting the same treatment. It looks *really* nice in person. They were also getting full chrome delete as well which I think looks great on that color.

My blue takes on an almost deep purple color in lower light and it reflects in a really cool way that gloss does not.

I can tell you that there was a model 3 (no idea what version, since the badges were still off) in the shop that was midnight silver getting the same treatment. It looks *really* nice in person. They were also getting full chrome delete as well which I think looks great on that color.

My blue takes on an almost deep purple color in lower light and it reflects in a really cool way that gloss does not.

I have a midnight silver model S and put a sample of xpel stealth on it and still couldn't decide. Hard to get a sense with such a small area covered.

Looks really nice!

I thought about doing this when I got my car but instead went with a blue matte wrap.
At the time I only found one picture with the XPEL Stealth on a blue car so wasn't sure about it. Will give serious consideration on this once I want to get rid of the wrap. Thanks for showing it!

Reactions: 10dot
I have a midnight silver model S and put a sample of xpel stealth on it and still couldn't decide. Hard to get a sense with such a small area covered.
I have the same color and did the xpel stealth about 18 months ago and still look "fresh" ...there should be multiple versions by now but I attached a pic to show

Attachments

• 20171015_194627.jpg
    20171015_194627.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 509
Reactions: 10dot
I have the same color and did the xpel stealth about 18 months ago and still look "fresh" ...there should be multiple versions by now but I attached a pic to show

This is actually a really helpful picture - very few if any picture of MSM stealth at night/low light out there. Also, you left the chrome which I would also do.

Any more pics?

Now I'm leaning towards doing it.

Really looks nice. From what I can see, they did a great job.

Thanks! There are a couple of tiny imperfections (one little bubble on the inside of the passenger mirror and a nick near the seam of the trunk that he said might self heal), but they told me up front there would probably be a small detail that needs touching up here or there and to give it a couple weeks of good time out in the sun before I bring it back in to go over anything that needs fixing.