Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Stealth on different color Model X's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of doing Xpel Stealth wrap on my MX. I have ordered Pearl White Multi-coat with white interior. However, thinking of maybe changing color to midnight silver or red. I have seen pictures of white, midnight silver, and blue metallic Stealth wrapped. Haven't seen Red multicoat. Thinking of changing my order depending on how it looks with the wrap. If anyone has pictures of red wrapped in Stealth or even the other colors mentioned above, can you please post. Opinions as well are appreciated. Thanks.

I found this online but haven't seen red in person:
tmB19EW.jpg

I have my blue x wrapped in stealth and love it. It's a more original look and I prefer the way it feels to the touch vs the ultimate:

20170817_192141.jpg

(This was one of the first days I got it, I was still a bit confused...)

Midnight silver metallic with XPEL Stealth:

Thanks for sharing! Guess red is not a popular color to wrap, at least for an X. Think I will narrow it down to white or midnight silver. If I was driving it, it would be the latter but since wife is driving it with the three kids, thinking maybe keeping it more low key with the white wrap.

Interesting photos. The red doesn’t look great with stealth, IMO. It turns the color into something closer to Salmon. I love Midnight Silver as a color and might choose it for my Model 3 but I think it looks odd in Stealth. It looks a bit like a primer coat. I’m partial to the Blue since we have our X in that color but it looks the best in Stealth to me. That and black of course.

Reactions: Freedom101
Thanks for the photos! We just ordered the model X in silver, but I probably won't do the stealth wrap on it. However, on my M3... I actually like the stealth on the Midnight Silver. Anyone in the greater Los Angeles area know of a good place to get it done?

Thanks for the photos! We just ordered the model X in silver, but I probably won't do the stealth wrap on it. However, on my M3... I actually like the stealth on the Midnight Silver. Anyone in the greater Los Angeles area know of a good place to get it done?
@rjdoc74 did his Midnight silver X90D at a place here. Called transhine in whittier I think.

Reactions: rjdoc74
I will be receiving my Model X in a couple of weeks. Would you recommend full body wrap or just full front?

The answer really depends. If you are looking at the stealth I'd recommend full wrap as I think a partial stealth wrap would look somewhat odd.

If you're looking to wrap in xpel ultimate then a front end wrap may be all you need. Think about where most of the issues with rocks/bugs/debris are going to contact your vehicle. If self maintaining the vehicle and ease of washing is a priority you may consider a full wrap regardless of stealth or ultimate. If you are OCD with your Model X (like me :)) you may just want the whole thing done to avoid things like shopping carts or other car doors. If you plan to keep the vehicle beyond the 10 year xpel warranty (like me) then you may lean towards getting the whole thing done. If you plan to sell it in 2 or 3 years you may not want to get it done at all, or just the front end.

I think everyone and their situation is a bit different so it really depends on your mentality, planned use of the vehicle, maintenance of the vehicle, how long you plan to keep the vehicle etc.

Good luck with your decision. If you ultimately decide to do it I'd recommend doing it as soon as possible (no sense waiting a week or two only to take a rock off the hood on the Hwy driving to work) and doing some due diligence with your potential installers.

Reactions: vandacca