Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Stealth or Matte PPF on Solid Black or Obsidian Black?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen both solid black and obsidian black wrapped in matte and it’s nearly indistinguishable..what does look good on Black I recently saw is a clear nanoguard wrapped black ..which is a very glossy film ...I live in SoCal the matte look is getting played out :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing
I have seen both solid black and obsidian black wrapped in matte and it’s nearly indistinguishable..what does look good on Black I recently saw is a clear nanoguard wrapped black ..which is a very glossy film ...I live in SoCal the matte look is getting played out :eek:

Yeah the first production Model 3s beat me to the punch!

With 5000 Model 3s per week and hopefully 10,000 per week production they will all get played out. ;)

Feedback is helpful. Save 1000 to go towards the cost of the PPF.

Reactions: P85_DA
I would still recommend a PPf on the black front with maybe a ceramic on rest of car ..I just had a loaner Black S and the swirls were horrendous for a car that only had 3k miles :(

There is definitely a difference. We just wrapped a solid black Model 3 last week at my shop and we will be wrapping a model x in obsidian black next week. The metallic flakes definitely still show through the stealth PPF under the sun. I personally like it better on solid black..