Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Stealth PPF & Pearl White Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joe from OC Detailing and I tried to use STEK Dynocarbon black PPF to wrap the mirrors, but the stretch is too much for the film. When you get close up, you can see that the pattern gets distorted from the severe stretch. During one of the heat snaps, the wrap on both mirrors actual ended up cracking. We had left it on while I waited for a set of carbon fiber caps to come from RPM Tesla.
Did it look like this?

Attachments

• 20201007_163358.jpg
    20201007_163358.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 434
Has anyone tried doing a full frontal PPF and a color vinyl wrap over it? Is that an overkill? Having the option to change the color and protect the vulnerable parts would be ideal.
I am thinking about doing a vinyl wrap for a color change at some point in the future and will wrap right over the PPF. Sometimes when you leave vinyl on for too long straight onto the paint the adhesive with discolor the clear coat underneath making the paint look different.

Ah, the stretch marks. I've only seen those on the rear hatch/spoiler area. My detailer told me the mirrors would be an issue. I just think they did a poor job on stretching mine out, as shown in my image. I know it's not easy due to the thickness of the film but mine are pretty noticeable.