Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Stealth satin finish PPF easy to maintain ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply. Understood on the acetone and lacquer thinner. Regarding the approach the installer recommended, do you have any thoughts or position on using cutting compound?

Happy to help. You can use cutting compound very lightly. Just like your paint has an automotive clear coat, so does our film, so you want to be sure not to buff through the clear coat. We would recommend using acetone or lacquer thinner first.

Finally - After a long wait due to delivery paint defects, my Tesla Model 3 Performance has gotten a full exterior ppf wrap treatment with Xpel Ultimate Plus, Window Tint with Xpel Prime Plus and chrome delete. I'm extremely happy with the results and I'm thankful for the extra protection of the full wrap using Xpel Ultimate Plus. The car was in the sun during lunch today and the interior remained very cool with the help of the Xpel Prime Plus tint applied to the roof, rear and side window glass. Overall, I'm a happy camper with the Xpel products and I fully recommend them to anybody considering ppf and tint.

IMG_2795.jpeg
IMG_2794.jpeg
IMG_2793.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm planning to make my appointment after we finish closing on our house (already got a quote I'm happy with earlier this week).

My question is, will XPEL Stealth cover up scratches? I went to look at a house a couple miles down a gravel road (big mistake), and I got a pretty decent scratch on the door.

Don't make my mistake--protect your car before it's too late!

I wished I'd seen this thread earlier. I'm loving XPEL Stealth but cleaning is starting to be a chore. I didn't go with ceramic but have been maintaining it with Optimum Opti-Seal instead. Works pretty good for hydrophobic but doesn't really help with the oils as well as I'd like it to. Definitely gonna have to give the Ceramic Boost spray a go in the future.
]

What do you mean by it’s a chore. I get mine m3 this week and am thinking about a full stealth wrap. (MSM color)

@XPEL, before my thought of wrapping in stealth I was going to just do the bumper in ultimate and keep my car polished and coated with Cquartz UK. Can I put the cquk on top of stealth and keep a coat of CarPro gliss or reload on top or do I need a different option for a stealth wrap?

Thanks

What do you mean by it’s a chore. I get mine m3 this week and am thinking about a full stealth wrap. (MSM color)

@XPEL, before my thought of wrapping in stealth I was going to just do the bumper in ultimate and keep my car polished and coated with Cquartz UK. Can I put the cquk on top of stealth and keep a coat of CarPro gliss or reload on top or do I need a different option for a stealth wrap?

Thanks

By chore I mean that dirt really shows up very easily on a matte finish, along with oils and fingerprints if you don't have something like a sealant or ceramic coating. I didn't go with a ceramic coating and went with a temporary polymer sealant like Opti-seal. It does alright for a while but does need reapplication. I'm hoping that the XPEL ceramic boost will be a better solution than what I've been using.

On that note I did receive the care package from @XPEL! Thank you for the sample bottle! Looking to spend some time trying it out this weekend and will report back on the results.

Somehow I think the Satin variety of PPF looks better on light coloured cars like white or silver. Pity that Tesla stopped offering silver as that would have been my favorite colour. Coupled with the Satin PPF it would have looked very much like the prototype Tesla displayed at the original reveal event back in 2016.

As it is, I went with a full wrap of XPEL Ultimate Plus on my blue Model 3 and am very satisfied with the look, plus it is much easier to maintain than what I would have thought.

I had a full Xpel Stealth a year and a half ago. It still looks great and I don't think the maintenance changes greatly one way or the other. One piece of advice is to be clear on what a "full wrap" means. Some do the headlights, mirrors, etc as part of the package and some do not it seems....

I had a full Xpel Stealth a year and a half ago. It still looks great and I don't think the maintenance changes greatly one way or the other. One piece of advice is to be clear on what a "full wrap" means. Some do the headlights, mirrors, etc as part of the package and some do not it seems....

Thank you for choosing XPEL to protect your Tesla.

What’s a full xpel stealth wrap cost to do? (NorCal area if anyone has had it done here)

A full XPEL STEALTH wrap will vary based on labor rates but you can expect $5,700 - $7,700+ for a quality installation.

• Love
Reactions: Premiertint
Thanks for this thread, I am waiting on my VIN but of course have been going crazy with accessories and preparation. Including scheduling a very optimistic XPEL PPF and tinting appointment, LOL but the installer was very open to moving the install date out to when the car actually arrives. Have a blue LR AWD on order with white interior, plan to have a full tint applied to all windows and a full XPEL matte/ceramic to the paint. Once I get the car and get the tint/XPEL done I'll be back with pics.

Reactions: C141medic