Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Stealth/Ultimate Healing Power and Touch Ups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am considering purchasing an inventory Model S and trading in my current 2015 Model S. If I do so, I definitely want to invest into Xpel to protect the paint. I am considering either a Pearl White or Black model. I really like the look of the Xpel Stealth on White.

My current car has an Autoflex wrap and one of the things I don't like about it is when your car gets dinged, rock chip, it's very difficult to fix and usually means you have to replace the entire panel of wrap.

I'd love to see some dings on Xpel and how bad they look. Since it's clear, my guess is not as bad as my current dings pictured below. I realize Xpel's main job is to protect the paint, but I also don't like driving around with dings and damages if I can prevent it.

Blemish2.jpg
Blemish1.jpg

Reactions: XPEL
I also don't like driving around with dings and damages if I can prevent it.

its called the tesla shuffle.
You find the furthest parking spot possible from location (not to piss off other drivers), so you can be a typical tesla owner and take up 2 spots, because if someone blocks your driver side, you can always auto summon it out.

There is no protection from dings and damages otherwise until we have ablative/reactive armor on these guys.

Now on serious stuff.
I have Xpel.
It does heal SOMEWHAT.
Its not 100% perfect heating, but a light scratch here, someone one would get by accidentally brushing up against a small blush over hanging on the driveway.. (not completely running over it)
Or someone wearing jeans trying to squeeze between your car, with a pocket button slightly pushing the paint.

That's about it. Its faster if you apply hot water over the damaged xpel, as it requires heat to automend.
Think of the cover like the old school phone screen protectors before they came in glass.

Parking stopper damage, where u drive your bumper into it, wont save you.
Someone pissed off with a key, it will save you, but wont regenerate.
Someone kick your car in, well, hope you can file insurance with sentry mode.
Xpel at best is a surface protector, not a knight industry 2000 nano process to make your car bullet proof.

Reactions: 2101Guy and XPEL
So I am considering purchasing an inventory Model S and trading in my current 2015 Model S. If I do so, I definitely want to invest into XPEL to protect the paint. I am considering either a Pearl White or Black model. I really like the look of the XPEL STEALTH on White.

My current car has an Autoflex wrap and one of the things I don't like about it is when your car gets dinged, rock chip, it's very difficult to fix and usually means you have to replace the entire panel of wrap.

I'd love to see some dings on XPEL and how bad they look. Since it's clear, my guess is not as bad as my current dings pictured below. I realize XPEL's main job is to protect the paint, but I also don't like driving around with dings and damages if I can prevent it.

XPEL STEALTH on white Tesla's look incredible! To be fair, XPEL STEALTH on any color Tesla looks great too.

I'd love to see some proof that "self-healing" is not the total b.s. that I'm convinced it is.

We understand the hesitation and would love to show you in person sometime. We have a couple of installer near you in KS that you could go to in person and ask them to show you the self-healing scratch test of our ULTIMATE PLUS film. XPEL Clear Bra Installers | United States | Kansas

its called the tesla shuffle.
You find the furthest parking spot possible from location (not to piss off other drivers), so you can be a typical tesla owner and take up 2 spots, because if someone blocks your driver side, you can always auto summon it out.

There is no protection from dings and damages otherwise until we have ablative/reactive armor on these guys.

Now on serious stuff.
I have Xpel.
It does heal SOMEWHAT.
Its not 100% perfect heating, but a light scratch here, someone one would get by accidentally brushing up against a small blush over hanging on the driveway.. (not completely running over it)
Or someone wearing jeans trying to squeeze between your car, with a pocket button slightly pushing the paint.

That's about it. Its faster if you apply hot water over the damaged xpel, as it requires heat to automend.
Think of the cover like the old school phone screen protectors before they came in glass.

Parking stopper damage, where u drive your bumper into it, wont save you.
Someone pissed off with a key, it will save you, but wont regenerate.
Someone kick your car in, well, hope you can file insurance with sentry mode.
Xpel at best is a surface protector, not a knight industry 2000 nano process to make your car bullet proof.

Very well said. The self-healing layer of our PPF is only .5mil thick which is perfect for the normal everyday type things you mentioned of a small brush, someone wearing jeans, a dirty microfiber towel, and that sort of thing. Beyond that, the film can get damaged but it's still much better than your paint being damaged.

Think of it this way as well. Its alot cheaper to replace a panel of xpel that took the damage than it is to have that panel repainted

Also very well said! At the end of the day, PPF is a sacrificial barrier between you and the road. It's meant to take a beating and one day be removed and replaced.

I just got my 2017 Pearl White Tesla Model S full body wrap in Xpel Stealth with chrome delete recently. I am very happy with it. I think it is also easier to clean the car now. And I think that Xpel Stealth repels dirt, dust, debris etc. I want to try Xpel Ceramic Boost Spray. I heard it works well with Xpel ppf.

725E93E4-DCA0-427C-BAD0-88CAC2EA1AB8.jpeg
D77129F4-19B2-45A5-885F-AB62751CDFDB.jpeg
725E93E4-DCA0-427C-BAD0-88CAC2EA1AB8.jpeg D77129F4-19B2-45A5-885F-AB62751CDFDB.jpeg itworksvery well on Xpel ppf.

IMG_5421.jpg
I can vouch for xpel stealth. Just had it done on my 2020 MS LR w/ MSM. Also did chrome delete and shade on the head/tail lights.

View attachment 511199 View attachment 511198

What tint level and product did you use to smoke the headlights? I had one installed by my local guy who did my chrome delete and window tint (I believe he used an Xpel product). He used the lighter of the two options, but it's still way darker than yours, and I have trouble seeing at night, but absolutely LOVE the look of it during the day with the DRLs on. I would love to get mine changed to your level of tint... It looks perfect.

• Love
Reactions: SilverGS
View attachment 514880

What tint level and product did you use to smoke the headlights? I had one installed by my local guy who did my chrome delete and window tint (I believe he used an Xpel product). He used the lighter of the two options, but it's still way darker than yours, and I have trouble seeing at night, but absolutely LOVE the look of it during the day with the DRLs on. I would love to get mine changed to your level of tint... It looks perfect.

The headlights are STEK DYNOshade (45% transmittance) and the fog lights are STEK DYNOsmoke (30% transmittance).

I just got my 2017 Pearl White Tesla Model S full body wrap in Xpel Stealth with chrome delete recently. I am very happy with it. I think it is also easier to clean the car now. And I think that Xpel Stealth repels dirt, dust, debris etc. I want to try Xpel Ceramic Boost Spray. I heard it works well with Xpel ppf.

View attachment 514826 View attachment 514828 View attachment 514826 View attachment 514828 View attachment 514826 View attachment 514828 itworksvery well on Xpel ppf.View attachment 514826
View attachment 514828

Looks sharp, nicely done.

i wanted the matte originally, however my friend who has it yelled at me NOOOO.

I asked why, and he said even a dirty hand will leave a noticeable hand print on it, so your forced to wash it off.
And if you scratch it a little, that scratch will leave a white mark until you wash it off, and allow it to heal, if its possible.

I didnt believe him until he touched the floor, and then touched his car, where i went :eek:, and went clear.

Of course base color will also matter on what is more noticeable, the hand print or the scratch mark, his color being the titanium silver benz has, being the worst in both cases described.

View attachment 514880

What tint level and product did you use to smoke the headlights? I had one installed by.
Oh my Gosh! That is the best looking black car I've seen in a while. I thought red looked good, but this is amazing. Love the black looking lights even though they are a bit hard to see with. Maybe there's a stealth light bar that can drop down from below at night.
BTW, what is the red line below the outside mirrors?

i wanted the matte originally, however my friend who has it yelled at me NOOOO.

I asked why, and he said even a dirty hand will leave a noticeable hand print on it, so your forced to wash it off.
And if you scratch it a little, that scratch will leave a white mark until you wash it off, and allow it to heal, if its possible.

I didnt believe him until he touched the floor, and then touched his car, where i went :eek:, and went clear.

Of course base color will also matter on what is more noticeable, the hand print or the scratch mark, his color being the titanium silver benz has, being the worst in both cases described.
Ahhhh yeah, I have matte on mine and I have no such issue.