TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Xpel stealth Vancouver

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by AlsetRebu, Jul 3, 2017.

1. AlsetRebu

AlsetRebu Member

I'm looking for a vote of confidence from someone in the Vancouver, BC, area that has had their Tesla wrapped in my area. I see there are a few different choices and would live to hear from someone that's had it done.

I'm looking for a full wrap including seatbacks.

If you can include what you got and what you paid that would also be helpful.

Many thanks.

2. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Local Vendor - Southeast

Hands down, 100% call Ken Wilson at Home
    I guarantee that he will please you with a beautifully and safely installed PPF wrap. He is the best in the area and his prices are commensurate with his quality.

3. AlsetRebu

AlsetRebu Member

Thanks. I took a look at their site and sent in a request. I see that they aren't on the xpel site as an authorized installer. Is this at all a concern?

Any other recommendations out there?

4. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Local Vendor - Southeast

Absolutely not. Being on the Xpel map means someone buys film, and, if it notes so, that they have attended Xpel's training and/or have access to their software/sell their tint. It does not mean they are an experienced or high quality installer or not. It's an in-house program to support their customers/installers. Many automotive industry distributors/manufacturers do this.

We are not on their locator map because we choose to focus our PPF energies on a different product and do not sell much Xpel. When we did, we were on their map. That had nothing to do with our capabilities as installers.

In Ken's case, I happen to know first-hand that he is incredibly capable and is a perfectionist. To me it matters not that he does not buy enough Xpel to show up on their installer's map because I know the man doing the work and I have seen the work he does with my own eyes in person. I hope this clarifies things a bit more and thanks for the thoughtful questions!

5. AlsetRebu

AlsetRebu Member

Thanks Jean. I really appreciate the thoughtful information. I am new at this high end vehicle stuff and tyring to make an informed decision. I look forward to hearing back from them!