Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Stealth Video on Blue Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great but needs the chrome delete to go with it.

Also looks like the chrome trim on the FWD still doesn't align with the front door or quarter panel glass, just like my Sept 2016 build.

I was thinking chrome delete initially but it's growing on me... I kind of like it as is. Plus if I get tired of it I can do the chrome delete later on and make another video :).

And yes I was at the service center today discussing alignment issues...

One thing I've noticed on my X that I haven't read a ton about is then plastic above the wheels. 3 of 4 are mis aligned and don't sit properly or anywhere near flush. They've ordered new parts so no biggie.

The good news is that I was expecting these types of defects so I'm not disappointed but will definitely get them taken care of.

Reactions: dragonxt
Very nice sir!!! Love to see another deep blue stealth wrapped! Not that many of us out there. :cool: Did you put on opti-coat or any kind of protection over the wrap? I got opti-coat on top of my wrap and washing it is so effortless. Did your installer wrap the side mirrors with a single piece or had to do it in 2 separate pieces due to the curvature of the mirrors?

Reactions: Freedom101
Very nice sir!!! Love to see another deep blue stealth wrapped! Not that many of us out there. :cool: Did you put on opti-coat or any kind of protection over the wrap? I got opti-coat on top of my wrap and washing it is so effortless. Did your installer wrap the side mirrors with a single piece or had to do it in 2 separate pieces due to the curvature of the mirrors?

Thanks @ckwong. After much deliberation, I didn't add an opti-coat. Installer would have done it but said it was overkill and really not necessary so I took his word for it (even tho my internet research was kind of split on that). I plan to maintain myself and really want the washes to be easy. Hasn't really been dirty yet so time will tell. It feels like it will be quite easy to clean to the touch. I mention it in the video but I can't get over how smooth it feels.

Good question on the mirrors. He warned me at the front end that he would have to do two pieces which was fine with me. So there is a small line where the two pieces meet on the inside of both mirrors.

Reactions: rjdoc74
The issue is more convincing my wife than me at this point, so the more people I can point to telling me to get it wrapped, the better. Thanks! :D

I tackled this on the front end... We agreed to factor the wrap into the cost of the vehicle. At the end of the day we were still well under budget with the discounted 90D and couldn't be happier. Again, we plan to keep this vehicle for 10 plus years so protecting it and taking care of it is a priority for us.

Wrapping the front doesn't cost much. Just wrap the bumper and hood. I'll even tell you where to go.

The bumper attracts rocks like crazy. PM me if you need advice. How long have you had your car?

The cost isn't such a big concern as I know it would be worth the investment. Spending this much on a car, a protective wrap won't be the straw that break the camel's back.

I found a couple providers that people on the forum recommended (Freedom included), but I would love to get your advice on which place you suggest as well. More recommendations can't hurt.

I haven't received my car yet. It should be entering production any day now. Ordered it at the end of last month and had a delivery timeframe of early/mid September.

I tackled this on the front end... We agreed to factor the wrap into the cost of the vehicle. At the end of the day we were still well under budget with the discounted 90D and couldn't be happier. Again, we plan to keep this vehicle for 10 plus years so protecting it and taking care of it is a priority for us.

Yeah, like I said, I see the benefits, especially since we also plan on keeping the car for a long time. The issue is looks. I love the matte look but my wife's opinion is hovering around neutral, give or take a little depending on the day, so she wants to keep it as is at the moment. I know we could get it protected and keep the shine but again, I like the unique look. We'll figure something out.

I'm another XPEL Ultimate customer but not stealth and both my S and X are fully wrapped. I've also got CQuartz Pro on top of my wrap for the X and it is super easy to wash and keep clean.

For the Lower Mainland you can't go wrong with Ken Wilson at Autowerkes in Maple Ridge or PH Solar in Vancouver for your wraps. Both use to have the contracts with Tesla Vancouver when Tesla was offering wraps before delivery of vehicles.

Last edited:
Thanks @ckwong. After much deliberation, I didn't add an opti-coat. Installer would have done it but said it was overkill and really not necessary so I took his word for it (even tho my internet research was kind of split on that). I plan to maintain myself and really want the washes to be easy. Hasn't really been dirty yet so time will tell. It feels like it will be quite easy to clean to the touch. I mention it in the video but I can't get over how smooth it feels.

Good question on the mirrors. He warned me at the front end that he would have to do two pieces which was fine with me. So there is a small line where the two pieces meet on the inside of both mirrors.
can you give an indication of total installed cost?

I'm also very interested in the cost.

A full XPEL STEALTH Satin Film wrap would range between $6,500 - $9,000 +**

**Labor rates vary based on location, installer experience, and severity of the edge wrapping. For a satin conversion, it's common to remove body panels to wrap further in. This can increase labor hours which increases costs.**

Please keep in mind that this film carries a 10 year warranty, is self-healing, non-yellowing, and extremely easy to wipe clean.

Let us know if we can answer any further questions.