Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Stealth Washing/Care

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting my 3 wrapped with XPEL Stealth this week. Can anyone with Stealth recommend what they use to wash? Also a detail spray for the bugs and bird droppings? I’ve been using ONR, but I’ve heard it causes streaks and haze. I know that XPEL has their line of products, including a rinseless car wash, but I’d like to know of other options. I’ve googled it, but I’m surprised there was not much info.

• Love
Reactions: XPEL
By ONR do you mean Optimum No Rinse? Because that is what I am using as well, but I haven't noticed any problems with it.

I haven't used any dedicated detail sprays. Before the ONR I used Meguiar's Deep Crystal wash (just bought locally from O'Reilly Auto).

Reactions: Vvvroom
By ONR do you mean Optimum No Rinse? Because that is what I am using as well, but I haven't noticed any problems with it.

I haven't used any dedicated detail sprays. Before the ONR I used Meguiar's Deep Crystal wash (just bought locally from O'Reilly Auto).

Yes, Optimum No Rinse. Good to know that you haven’t had any streaks or other issues. I will try it once I get my car back and it is safe to wash. I also use it for the bug and bird mess. Thanks for your reply!

Gyeon Q2M PPF Renew

Kamikaze Surface Film Coat

A couple of PPF products that will not necessarily clean the PPF but will make it easier to clean. I just ordered the Kamikaze surface film coat and have not had a chance to use it, but hope it adds lustre and shine to PPF that makes it easier to clean. I use Gyeon bathe to wash my PPF and ceramic coated vehicles with good results.

I'd recommend also getting the XPEL Stealth ceramic coated (or do it yourself). This will help make it easier to keep clean. Mine has ceramic over the stealth and I've been very pleased with it. Either way, how you clean it and what products to use should be the same. I avoid any products meant to leave behind any kind of gloss, luster, or shine. The ceramic coating itself can add a small amount of gloss, it's a very small amount and still looks very satin. I wouldn't want to increase the shine any unless I had the glossy XPEL Ultimate.

These are the products I have and use:
Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - For regular washing with water (with or without foam cannon)
Adam's Matte Detailer - Quick detailing (this is my favorite detailer for the stealth, and what I keep in the car to clean off fingerprints and such)
XPEL Ceramic boost - I used this for the first time today on my already clean car, and it was quick and easy to use this to add a booster coat.
FEYNLAB Pure Rinseless - This doesn't leave polymers behind like most waterless/rinseless washes. This can be mixed in different concentrations to use as a waterless wash, rinseless wash, or detailer.
Adam's Ceramic Waterless Wash - This has worked well for me too.

Unless my car is pretty dirty, I don't even need to use my windshield wipers unless I'm stopped.

Last edited:
I’m getting my 3 wrapped with XPEL Stealth this week. Can anyone with Stealth recommend what they use to wash? Also a detail spray for the bugs and bird droppings? I’ve been using ONR, but I’ve heard it causes streaks and haze. I know that XPEL has their line of products, including a rinseless car wash, but I’d like to know of other options. I’ve googled it, but I’m surprised there was not much info.

Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH to protect your Model 3! Once it's done post photos here and as a thank you we will send out an XPEL Swag and Maintenance Pack complete with a bottle of our Detail Spray and Ceramic Boost Spray. Just shoot us an email ([email protected]) with your t-shirt size and shipping information once you post the photos.

Last edited:
Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH to protect your Model 3! Once it's done post photos here and as a thank you we will send out an XPEL Swag and Maintenance Pack complete with a bottle of our Detail Spray and Ceramic Boost Spray. Just shoot us an email ([email protected]) with your t-shirt size and shipping information once you post the photos. **This offer goes to ANYONE on this thread with XPEL PPF installed on their Tesla. In the email be sure to mention the post # you mention your XPEL experience and we can get the order on the way to you.**

I'll take some of that! We had both our Model 3 and our Roadster done with XPEL. We went with XPEL Stealth on our 3 and XPEL Ultimate Plus on our Roadster and are very happy with both! We had the PPF applied at Exotik Designs in Sparks, Nv.

Great products!

Shree and Roadie.jpg

I'd recommend also getting the XPEL Stealth ceramic coated (or do it yourself). This will help make it easier to keep clean. Mine has ceramic over the stealth and I've been very pleased with it. Either way, how you clean it and what products to use should be the same. I avoid any products meant to leave behind any kind of gloss, luster, or shine. The ceramic coating itself can add a small amount of gloss, it's a very small amount and still looks very satin. I wouldn't want to increase the shine any unless I had the glossy XPEL Ultimate.

These are the products I have and use:
Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - For regular washing with water (with or without foam cannon)
Adam's Matte Detailer - Quick detailing (this is my favorite detailer for the stealth, and what I keep in the car to clean off fingerprints and such)
XPEL Ceramic boost - I used this for the first time today on my already clean car, and it was quick and easy to use this to add a booster coat.
FEYNLAB Pure Rinseless - This doesn't leave polymers behind like most waterless/rinseless washes. This can be mixed in different concentrations to use as a waterless wash, rinseless wash, or detailer.
Adam's Ceramic Waterless Wash - This has worked well for me too.

Unless my car is pretty dirty, I don't even need to use my windshield wipers unless I'm stopped.

Thank you! Exactly the info I need. Gonna check Amazon now. Did you ceramic coat yourself, or did a pro do it? I need to find the most goofproof product I can apply myself since I don’t want to spend anymore.

Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH to protect your Model 3! Once it's done post photos here and as a thank you we will send out an XPEL Swag and Maintenance Pack complete with a bottle of our Detail Spray and Ceramic Boost Spray. Just shoot us an email ([email protected]) with your t-shirt size and shipping information once you post the photos. **This offer goes to ANYONE on this thread with XPEL PPF installed on their Tesla. In the email be sure to mention the post # you mention your XPEL experience and we can get the order on the way to you.**

Is the XPEL Ceramic Boost a ceramic coating, or is it for use on ceramic-coated surfaces?

I had XPEL PPF and XPEL Prime XR+ installed on my Tesla and they're both awesome! Highly recommended!

Attachments

• 20190919_174003.jpg
    20190919_174003.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 471
  • 20190921_161556.jpg
    20190921_161556.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 593
  • Love
Thank you! Exactly the info I need. Gonna check Amazon now. Did you ceramic coat yourself, or did a pro do it? I need to find the most goofproof product I can apply myself since I don’t want to spend anymore.
My PPF was professionally ceramic coated at the shop when it was installed, and I did all the glass on the car myself with a DIY kit. The professionally installed coatings are supposed to be longer lasting and more durable. So my windows may need to be redone sooner than the PPF, but for now both coatings are working equally as far as I can tell.

I'll take some of that! We had both our Model 3 and our Roadster done with XPEL. We went with XPEL Stealth on our 3 and XPEL Ultimate Plus on our Roadster and are very happy with both! We had the PPF applied at Exotik Designs in Sparks, Nv.

Great products!

View attachment 463699

Thank you! Send us an email at [email protected] with your t-shirt size and shipping info so we can get the XPEL Swag and Aftercare pack out to you.

I’ve been happy with my XPEL. Can’t even tell it’s on the car and easy to clean the car.

I drive a lot of hwy miles and it definitely saves the paint from rock chips.

View attachment 463702 View attachment 463703

Lookin' good!

Couldn't be happier with my Stealth XPEL PPF! Had it on the car about 10 months now.

I've been using the chemical guys products to wash it by hand most of the time.

View attachment 463785 View attachment 463786

Glad to hear it! Looks great!

Is the XPEL Ceramic Boost a ceramic coating, or is it for use on ceramic-coated surfaces?

Ceramic Boost is the go-to product to help maintain and enhance ceramic coatings, PPF, and paint. It does not have to be used directly on a ceramic coating. If not using on PPF or Ceramic Coatings, Ceramic Boost is a great super high end spray wax substitute. If being used on PPF or Ceramic, it will help seal the surface, protect the surface from bug droppings, enhance the depth, shine, and gloss of the surface, all while making it easier to clean by making it hydrophobic.

I just had my brand new P3D covered in XPEL Ultimate Plus and ceramic coating. LOVE the look and ease of cleaning so far!

View attachment 463790

Looks great! Thank you for choosing XPEL

I had XPEL PPF and XPEL Prime XR+ installed on my Tesla and they're both awesome! Highly recommended!

Awesome! Thank you for choosing XPEL!