Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Stealth Washing/Care

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my xpel stealth on my model 3, but I'm always looking at the best products to quickly clean it and maintain it. My car has always been a dust magnet, maybe because it is black, if someone created a product to repel dust I would be in love, but no complaints from my ppf.
IMG_5417.JPG

• Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: KyleM3 and XPEL
I'd recommend also getting the XPEL Stealth ceramic coated (or do it yourself). This will help make it easier to keep clean. Mine has ceramic over the stealth and I've been very pleased with it. Either way, how you clean it and what products to use should be the same. I avoid any products meant to leave behind any kind of gloss, luster, or shine. The ceramic coating itself can add a small amount of gloss, it's a very small amount and still looks very satin. I wouldn't want to increase the shine any unless I had the glossy XPEL Ultimate.

These are the products I have and use:
Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash - For regular washing with water (with or without foam cannon)
Adam's Matte Detailer - Quick detailing (this is my favorite detailer for the stealth, and what I keep in the car to clean off fingerprints and such)
XPEL Ceramic boost - I used this for the first time today on my already clean car, and it was quick and easy to use this to add a booster coat.
FEYNLAB Pure Rinseless - This doesn't leave polymers behind like most waterless/rinseless washes. This can be mixed in different concentrations to use as a waterless wash, rinseless wash, or detailer.
Adam's Ceramic Waterless Wash - This has worked well for me too.

Unless my car is pretty dirty, I don't even need to use my windshield wipers unless I'm stopped.

Thank you for this list. Super helpful.

Reactions: anti
39E42C72-BB29-44F1-9FE8-0CF5A2768DD2.jpeg

XPEL ultimate, not Stealth, with XPEL Ceramic Fusion, pictured with Great Lakes Clear Bra installers. The ceramic Fusion is noticeably better than my Model 3 with just XPEL. Now I’m planning a schedule of when I’m willing to part with the Model Y for an overnight stay for curing the Ceramic Fusion.

The Model Y is fun to drive!

Hey XPEL! Can I use Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer on my Ultimate Plus film? Their website isn’t very informative as to the ingredients and I know the film is sensitive to petroleum distillates. I’m sure yours would be preferable, but I’ve already got theirs. :)

Hey XPEL! Can I use Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer on my Ultimate Plus film? Their website isn’t very informative as to the ingredients and I know the film is sensitive to petroleum distillates. I’m sure yours would be preferable, but I’ve already got theirs. :)

Pluturi,

Normally quick detailers are safe to use on PPF but without knowing the ingredients, we can't say for certain. If you can find a contact there you can reach out to them and ask for ingredients.

If you're thinking about the XPEL Detail Spray or Ceramic Boost Spray, you can use promo code "TeslaForum" at checkout on XPEL.com for 10% off your order.

To close the loop... I contacted Chemical Guys, and while they didn’t give me the recipe they did confirm it doesn’t contain petroleum distillates like naphtha or kerosene. Appreciate the discount code!

Awesome! It should be safe for PPF. Thank you for contacting them.

@XPEL you guys still doing any giveaways for new XPEL users? My stealth gets installed this week, would love to try some goodies! :)

Kyle,

Yes, we absolutely are. Thank you for choosing XPEL by the way :) Once your Tesla is protected with XPEL, post a picture and some info about your XPEL experience here on the forum (on any related thread) and then email us at [email protected] with your t-shirt size and shipping information along with the link/URL of your post so we can review and get the XPEL Swag Pack out to you.

Reactions: KyleM3
I can't say enough positive things about XPEL and my installer (Mohawk Collision). I had a full wrap done and I think it looks great! The film does have some hydrophobic qualities, so it is easier to wash/dry even without a ceramic coating. What I'm most impressed with, however, is the repairability. It was a significant concern, and unfortunately I've already had the opportunity to test it.

I picked up a rock on the front lower fascia which ripped a ⅛" hole in the film and left the edges lifted up and ragged (sorry, no before picture). I took it to my installer and he healed it (not sure how) so that now all that is left is a tiny depression in the film, not visible from more than a couple inches away. This definitely would have been a visible paint chip. Thanks XPEL!

Attachments

• Front.jpeg
    Front.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
  • Rear.jpeg
    Rear.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 130
  • Chip.jpeg
    Chip.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
Reactions: XPEL
Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH to protect your Model 3! Once it's done post photos here and as a thank you we will send out an XPEL Swag and Maintenance Pack complete with a bottle of our Detail Spray and Ceramic Boost Spray. Just shoot us an email ([email protected]) with your t-shirt size and shipping information once you post the photos. **This offer goes to ANYONE on this thread with XPEL PPF installed on their Tesla. In the email be sure to mention the post # you mention your XPEL experience and we can get the order on the way to you.**
Thrilled with the results of XPEL Stealth, XPEL Prime XR Plus ceramic tint and XPEL Fusion ceramic coat on my MSM MY+.

Jaws2.JPG

• Love
540ED49F-958C-4137-8878-555C4984F3BA.jpeg AB5BFE75-451B-4D92-929D-F74B714BB44A.jpeg Had XPEL Stealth PPF installed on my Model Y a few weeks ago (full wrap) & very happy w/ the results. Tyler at American Wrap Co. (Thousand Oaks) is awesome! He does excellent work & would highly recommend. As far as detail spray, he recommended Throttle by Shine Supply. Has anyone used Throttle detail spray? Thanks for all of your insight. New to this forum.
049AB391-CE21-4B28-80F7-82115916E8B8.jpeg

• Love
Had my Model 3 front end covered in Xpel Ultimate Plus yesterday and am really pleased with it.

Picture is without a front number plate as I’m waiting on a stick on plate which I think looks much better.

First car I’ve had PPF on and am very impressed so far, had it fitted by my local detailed All That Gleams in Surrey, UK.

F96C48EF-295A-4C07-ADAC-B69CCB08A3B3.jpeg