Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Stealth wrap completed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MYP earlier this week and immediately had to give it up to get a full PPF put on. I decided to go with the Xpel Stealth and absolutely love it. Ceramic on top. Tinted the back window and trunk darker, brought the front windows to where the rear windows used to be (technically a hair darker than the popo would like) and then clear tint/UV protection on the windshield. Loving it.

1660952357741.png
1660952375129.png

SWEET! That's a big step changing the color so radically. Totally changes the swag of the car, for the better I may add. I bet you had some anxiety making the decision though... Ehh. spend a few grand and change the color... looks good!

SWEET! That's a big step changing the color so radically. Totally changes the swag of the car, for the better I may add. I bet you had some anxiety making the decision though... Ehh. spend a few grand and change the color... looks good!
Not as big a step as some take, with a full color change :) But I wanted really good protection with some uniqueness on color, so the Stealth wrap fit that pretty well. It was a bit scary since its also a huge investment, but once I saw it in person I knew I had made the right choice. It looks even better in real life than it does in photos or videos I saw online :)
Wow looks great! Do you mind letting us know how much the stealth wrap costs? If not you can PM me please.
$5500 for the wrap alone. Pretty on par with the Seattle market from the various quotes I got and these guys did a really great job, and were super knowledgeable and helpful. (California Tint in Silverdale, WA for those interested.) 10 year warranty, at any official Xpel Distributor/Dealer not just the place I bought it from.

Not as big a step as some take, with a full color change :) But I wanted really good protection with some uniqueness on color, so the Stealth wrap fit that pretty well. It was a bit scary since its also a huge investment, but once I saw it in person I knew I had made the right choice. It looks even better in real life than it does in photos or videos I saw online :)

$5500 for the wrap alone. Pretty on par with the Seattle market from the various quotes I got and these guys did a really great job, and were super knowledgeable and helpful. (California Tint in Silverdale, WA for those interested.) 10 year warranty, at any official Xpel Distributor/Dealer not just the place I bought it from.
That’s actually really good! I’m being quoted about $6,600 from Alset Auto in Portland for GSWF satin. Xpel usually has a bit of a premium price because of the name…

Can’t wait to get my red Performance done 😈

weird .. i've called about 15 shops in 3 states .. the cheapest i've found is 6400 for an xpel custom wrap (not using templates).
Most of the quotes I got were $5000-6500 or so, so that's a bit in line with yours, but I definitely saw some on the lower end - but they were from shops with very little web presence/reviews or took longer to get back to me. The one I went with had a ton of good reviews online, and I think it helped that they were ~1-1.5 hours from Seattle itself - but they gave me a loaner, so it really made up for the drive. I think there were also some discounts since I got additional tinting + ceramic coating from them.

Hello if you don’t mind can you post a pic of the rear spoiler as well? I got my blue done but with noticeable seam as well as cut underneath the spoiler, wondering if it was just done improperly. Thanks!
Some shops will do a cut there and "hide" it under the spoiler. Other shops will work on doing it as one piece. The shop probably should have told you first. One piece isn't always possible, or might show some very slightly stretch marks so it's usually up to the customer on what they want to do...

I picked up my MYP earlier this week and immediately had to give it up to get a full PPF put on. I decided to go with the Xpel Stealth and absolutely love it. Ceramic on top. Tinted the back window and trunk darker, brought the front windows to where the rear windows used to be (technically a hair darker than the popo would like) and then clear tint/UV protection on the windshield. Loving it.

View attachment 842827View attachment 842828
Absolutely beautiful! We are picking up our second MYP this week—same color and it is headed right to the PPF shop for a stealth wrap. After seeing yours, I hope ours turn out to be twins!

Absolutely beautiful! We are picking up our second MYP this week—same color and it is headed right to the PPF shop for a stealth wrap. After seeing yours, I hope ours turn out to be twins!
I went with Xpel because their film is marginally thick than the competitors. The stealth is 13 ml thick vs other min 7 ml to 10 ml. The thick film will help with the resistance of chip on impact. I love the stealth 2 satin look Because it look awesome clean and dirty too.

Reactions: honoraryorange
What's the negative of them using templates / using cuts from the plotter?

From a template, the film will come right up to the edges so the installer does not need to tuck or trim the edges as much. Custom cutting the film from a roll, involves more labor but installer will be able to tuck and trim the edges to provide more protection. The precut template should be provide more than enough protection for the vehicle though.

Reactions: woolymammoth17
From a template, the film will come right up to the edges so the installer does not need to tuck or trim the edges as much. Custom cutting the film from a roll, involves more labor but installer will be able to tuck and trim the edges to provide more protection. The precut template should be provide more than enough protection for the vehicle though.
The precut templates can be cut a little bigger to have them tucked in. The operator need to input the dimensions and do you really trust an installed going freestyle with a box cutter knife ?

The software for precuts allows modifications. When I ordered my precuts I asked to have all wrappable edges extended. Piece-o-cake. I wrapped edges on doors, hood, frunk, hatch (Feb 2022 MSLR).

The precut templates can be cut a little bigger to have them tucked in. The operator need to input the dimensions and do you really trust an installed going freestyle with a box cutter knife ?
Freestyle? All certified installers are trained to use either a precut template or install from a complete roll (non-precut), unless you are referring to something different when you mention 'freestyle'

Reactions: Maxmir88