TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

XPEL Ultimate Finally Done! With Pics........

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by JerryNycom, Jul 10, 2013.

1. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

#1 JerryNycom, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    So when I first ordered my P85 I was told NOT to get paint protection from Tesla cause its bad on white and will yellow. Well after reading tons of posts about it here, and the fact I would NEVER be able to deal with the line on the hood I made my decision to go with XPEL Ultimate for the self healing, 10 year warranty, and people were very happy with the product. Also people say its the best NON YELLOWING available.....Time will tell. I heard of these guys http://www.detailingdynamics.com/page/company from people with super high end cars getting them detailed and wrapped, so I figured I would go see their shop. The shop was filled with what looked like a Miami drug cartel warehouse. Name the car they had it.

I decided to have the full front, full hood, full front quarters, shark fin in front of rear wheels, and full rear bumper. Also had headlights and fogs done. Entire hood was wrapped under. They also touched up some spots I already had on the front bumper and hood. Next car I go from dealer to shop, DO NOT PASS GO! They charged me $1900 all in.

I have attached some pics and a small video. Enjoy! :tongue:

wrap2.jpg wrap3.jpg wrap1.jpg shark_fin.jpg

wrap5.jpg wrap6.jpg

2. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

Very nice! I ordered a white with CF as well and it will be here in August. I will be heading straight to the shop for tint and Xpel.

3. Park2670

Park2670 Member

Looks fantastic!!

4. Jonathan Hewitt

Jonathan Hewitt Active Member

Thanks for sharing, looks great! Now I have another data point on what my local shop could possibly charge...I will be calling them once I have a delivery date.

5. ModelX

ModelX Member

Beautiful!

6. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

I had a very similar wrap done - did mirrors but not the shark fin or rear bumper. It looks great though the mirror has visible seams since it's impossible to do a single sheet piece because of it's shape. It cost a bit less (1600ish). The guy is Auto Armor in Lynnwood, WA and I'd use him again. I know most people in this area use a place in Bellevue but they are out of sight expensive and I doubt they would have done a better job.

I'm very happy with Xpel and the installation.

7. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Same thing my guy said about mirrors with lines but I am going back and getting them done. My ADD is kicking in....

8. Hometheatremaven

Congratulations Jerry.

My guy wrapped my mirrors custom. Picture this: everything on the outside mirrors is wrapped to the glass except the inside vertical surface. Took him several times on the driver's mirror to get the edges to stay (near where the glass starts). Also had exterior vertical surface of the door handles wrapped to prevent scratches and make fingerprints easy to wipe off. And all 4 door edges. Finally, I had him put a 3" oval piece on the top rear edge of the trunk because the first time I opened my trunk, it hit the opened garage door. The S's trunk opens higher than an car I've ever had.

David

9. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

seems like a great price. looks great.. congrats.

10. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Can you post a good picture of your mirrors?

11. Hometheatremaven

I was wrong. My installer didn't wrap to the glass of the mirror, just to the edge. Here are 3 pics.
    As you can see, the entire front, top and outside are covered, but not the inside edge.
    P1020599.JPG P1020600.JPG P1020601.JPG

12. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Awesome! Thanks.....

- - - Updated - - -

BTW anyone in New York if interested in using these guys, please mention this forum for a discount!

13. michael5w

michael5w Member

Jerry - what tints did you put on? My white (standard albeit) should come soon... and I'm also looking for xpel and tints in the NYC area. Thanks!

14. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

I have 3M tints....Call Eddie and make an appointment....mention this forum and my name for discount...promise you will be happy.

Contact - Detailing Dynamics

15. selectinvestment

I have a MC Red, P85+ and had XPEL film put on the hood, front and rear bumper, headlights along with 3M Crystalline 70 window tint (subtle but effective)
    - all done by Eddie and the guys at Detailing Dynamics - They did a fantastic job - highly recommended -

Jerry - your P85 looks beautiful!!!

P85+, multi red, tan, matte obeche, 21 silver, pano, tech, sound studio, expel, crystalline 70

16. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Eddie mentioned he did a red Tesla.....Funny....You didn't do your mirrors either? I going back to have them done even though they cant wrap the entire mirror.

Where in Long Island you from? I have a Verizon store in Franklin Square.

17. selectinvestment

Located in Huntington. I'll call the Verizon store and ask if the Tesla guy is there when I am in the area of Franklin Square! Enjoy the car - looks great with the dark wheels.

P85+, multi red, tan, matte obeche, 21 silver, pano, tech, sound studio, expel, crystalline 70

18. michael5w

michael5w Member

Thanks - I will for sure when the car comes. How long does it take? I don't live too nearby, so I'm not quite sure what I'd do in the meantime...

19. michael5w

michael5w Member

How long does the xpel usually take to do?

20. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Usually 1-2 days.....Between cleaning and prepping, installing, and drying process....