Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Ultimate Plus + top coat protection?

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
Wow, thank you for the great background and differences. I didn't realize ceramic was so unforgiving.

I am currently in the process of installing PPF DIY. Once I'm done, I plan to cover with a ceramic coating or spray. I'll give this discussion and ceramic sprays another look.

I don't have a ton of time to keep my car washed and looking great, unfortunately. Water beading and quick car washes is a huge incentive for me. If I could accomplish that with ceramic spray it sounds like a win over trying to DIY the coating.

When I got my Xpel PPF installed, I asked my installer if I should get a ceramic coating or a ceramic sealant. He had a great idea. He suggested that I first try applying a sealant once every 3 or 4 months. He said that if either I was not pleased with the performance or if it was too much of a hassle, I could bring it back to him and he would install a coating. I did this and stuck with the spray sealant. You could do the same thing.

Good luck!

Reactions: Gu$ G

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC