Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Ultimate Plus + top coat protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, thank you for the great background and differences. I didn't realize ceramic was so unforgiving.

I am currently in the process of installing PPF DIY. Once I'm done, I plan to cover with a ceramic coating or spray. I'll give this discussion and ceramic sprays another look.

I don't have a ton of time to keep my car washed and looking great, unfortunately. Water beading and quick car washes is a huge incentive for me. If I could accomplish that with ceramic spray it sounds like a win over trying to DIY the coating.

When I got my Xpel PPF installed, I asked my installer if I should get a ceramic coating or a ceramic sealant. He had a great idea. He suggested that I first try applying a sealant once every 3 or 4 months. He said that if either I was not pleased with the performance or if it was too much of a hassle, I could bring it back to him and he would install a coating. I did this and stuck with the spray sealant. You could do the same thing.

Good luck!

Reactions: Gu$ G