Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel ultimate PPF price - good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@modelXiowa ...modesta will look good over any film ...downside is its pricey ..starts around $2500ish ...for comparison Ceramic Pro Gold will set u back 900-1100...if you really want a glossy look film alone ...not sure what color car you have but look at Clearguard Nano film or STEK both are glossy as is
Good to know. I did get a quote for ceramic pro gold for $890. Any feedback on the quality of ceramic pro?

Ceramic pro comes in bronze silver gold (basically more layers as u go up )...it’s a good coating ...that price u are quoted is also good provided they do some level of paint correction

@TexasRat ...most major ceramics (ceramic pro, opticoat , cquartz , kenzo , gtechniq )are within same range of 1-1200 ..only one that is outrageous price is modesta(two times cost ) ...also not sure how old your car is and they are charging for more paint correction ? Normally new car needs one pass of paint correction ...

@TexasRat ...most major ceramics (ceramic pro, opticoat , cquartz , kenzo , gtechniq )are within same range of 1-1200 ..only one that is outrageous price is modesta(two times cost ) ...also not sure how old your car is and they are charging for more paint correction ? Normally new car needs one pass of paint correction ...
It was just an estimate as I don't have the car yet. Should be delivered sometime in July. I think the price reflects up to a 4 pass paint correction, but I do hope I don't need much. I do want to make the colors pop, but I hope it just needs a little buffing. I know the shop has said at least some of the model 3s coming to Austin have had a "haze" to them that they've had to buff out. I will have a firm price once I bring the car in and they can inspect it with the detailer with me. I really want to get the coating but I definitely will be happy if it doesn't need much correction and the price comes way down.

On another note, I'm also looking at doing a coating on all of the glass on the car, which will run me about $400 total. Tempted as I know the X wipers are barely passable. My Lexus wipers are phenomenal, but I was unimpressed wit the X when I've tested them. I'm thinking the coating on the windshield would help with that.

For the windshield /glass my guy recommended just buying this product called hydrosilex ..it works great ($50) ..u can also buy a specific ceramic pro for glass but this other stuff he recommended saved me $500 from doing the glass ..the one time it rained I didn’t even use wipers ..water just rolled off lol

• Informative
Reactions: TexasRat
Is $1,100 for Xpel ultimate PPF full front (full hood ,bumper, fenders and mirrors) a good deal?

@modelXiowa, that is a very good deal. Full fronts generally go for $1,895 - $2,195. I would make sure they're wrapping edges everywhere they can. I would also ask if they can use pre-cut kits rather than bulk cutting everything. Teslas are very clear bra friendly and so the patterns can be extremely accurate if using the right software.

For the windshield /glass my guy recommended just buying this product called hydrosilex ..it works great ($50) ..u can also buy a specific ceramic pro for glass but this other stuff he recommended saved me $500 from doing the glass ..the one time it rained I didn’t even use wipers ..water just rolled off lol
Almost makes me wonder if rain-x works the same as that hydrosilex and is a lot cheaper :p

Probably lol ...ceramics if u watch them apply is a scam itself ..but everyone does because they read forums too much :oops:
To be fair, I think rain-x won't last more than a few weeks before requiring another application. Nanocoatings should last a lot longer, maybe 5-6 months? I've read some complains about the hydrosilex drying too quickly and leaving spots, but hopefully their new formula has reduced the likelihood of that happening. Either way, thanks for the info!